Chapter Two: A Chance

'Within the Jedi temple Ahsoka found herself wandering the halls near aimlessly. For once she was more anxious when she had time to herself rather than when she was on a mission. Ever since Zephyr was brought back to the temple she had been on edge'

'She could feel the force ebb and flow around her. It was far more uneasy than it usually was, in fact it seemed agitated. That feeling of unease and agitation within the force only grew the closer she was to Zephyr'

'Despite this she could also feel the traces of pain and struggle that came from him. Even when she was on the opposite end of the temple it was as if those feelings were nagging at her from the back of her mind. She wanted to help, though she didn't know how to'

'Ahsoka rounded a corner before staggering as a sudden wave of dizziness overcame her, causing her to place a hand on her forehead. Having closed her eyes to try and regain her focus'

"Padawan Tano? Are you alright?" 'A familiar voice asked as Ahsoka felt a hand being placed on her shoulder. Causing the younger Togruta to open her eyes. Finding master Shaak-Ti standing next to her'

"Master Shaak-Ti? What are you doing here. I thought you were overseeing clone training on Kamino" 'Ahsoka asked in mild confusion, trying to shake off her dazed state'

"I was. But the grandmaster has given me a task here" 'Shaak-Ti explained as Ahsoka corrected her posture, shaking her head lightly as she did so'

"In fact I would like to request your assistance with this matter" 'Shaak-Ti stated as she and Ahsoka started to walk down the hallway, earning a look of curiosity from the Padawan'

"What exactly would you need?" 'Ahsoka asked in a respectful but wary manner, earning a comforting smile from the older Jedi'

"You have met Zephyr yes? I assume you are aware of his current state" 'Shaak-Ti asked curiously, catching Ahsoka's attention rather quickly'

"I have. And I am aware. The grandmaster wanted me to try and help him recover his speech and look out for him. But that's a little hard to do when I'm not allowed to go near him" 'Ahsoka said with a mildly frustrated tone'

"Well the grandmaster made the correct choice. It would be quite dangerous for you to go near him alone" 'Shaak-Ti admitted, a tone of understanding being audible in her voice'

"Which is why I would like to ask if you would join me to perform a correction ceremony. I believe he would benefit from you being there" 'Shaak-Ti explained calmly, causing Ahsoka to sputter momentarily'

"W-Wait! You're performing a correction ceremony on him?!" 'Ahsoka asked in a mixture of alarm and confusion. Being slightly overwhelmed by the news'

"That is correct" 'Shaak-Ti said with a chuckle'

"And you want me to help?" 'Ahsoka asked in a surprised tone'

"Indeed. You seem to be the only other person he has a good rapport with save for master Kenobi. However due to recent events....I doubt his presence would be of benefit during the ceremony"  'Shaak-Ti said with a sigh'

"If I may ask. Why would my presence be of aid? Not that I'm not grateful for the opportunity" 'Ahsoka asked with a nervous chuckle'

"The ceremony is incredibly draining on the recipient's mental state. Sorrounding them by their closest friends or even loved ones has proven to aid in the process in the past" 'Shaak-Ti explained as she and Ahsoka stopped at an old dust covered door'

"I hardly know him. It's not like I could be considered a close friend of his. Let alone-"

'Ahsoka cut herself off as she dusted off the door. Finding a much older symbol of the galactic republic. It had been engraved onto the door'

"While that may be true Padawan Tano. He still has some level of trust for you. So it is not as if your presence could do any harm" 'Shaak-Ti said as she placed a hand on the door'

'Ahsoka watched as the Jedi master closed her eyes. Feeling a brief pulse of force energy come from her'

'Shortly after the door rumbled before opening, lifting upwards with a hiss of compressed air. A chill had begun to leak out from the room behind the door'

'Once the door was open a set of soft blue lights lit up along the ceiling. The walls were a purplish black color. While the floor and ceiling were a warm blue color'

'As Ahsoka walked into the room it was as if she had been walking through a portal. Her anxiety near instantly melted away'

'The force was calm here. At peace. As if it had been untouched for hundreds of years. Yet there was still a disturbance'

'Zephyr had been brought into the room, he was still unconsious. He had been layed in a shallow pool of glistening water'

"We're starting now?" 'Ahsoka asked in surprise. Earning a nod from Shaak-Ti as she walked past Ahsoka. Stopping once she was behind Zephyr's head'

"If we are to correct his connection to the force. We must do so now. Each minute that passes his connection to the force becomes more and more distorted" 'Shaak-Ti said as she crouched down Behind Zephyr. Resting on her knees'

"Shall we begin?" 'Shaak-Ti asked curiously, earning a look of hesitation from Ahsoka'

'Ahsoka took a deep breath before regaining her resolve, having steady her nerves once more'

"What do I need to do?"

*To Be Continued*