Familiarity

"Tell me about yourself Zephyr" 'The Dutchess said softly as she and the Cyborg walked'

"Well what do you want to know?" 'Zephyr asked in retort. Mild surprise being audible in his voice'

"You seem like quite the unique Jedi. Master Shaak-Ti speaks highly of you, not to mention cybernetic Jedi are quite rare. At least to your extent" 'The Dutchess explained, earning a half hearted chuckle from Zephyr'

"Yeah...so I've come to learn" 'Zephyr said as he absentmindedly looked to his arm. Rotating his wrist for a moment'

"My apologies, I suppose it must have been quite unpleasant"

"It's alright your highness, truth be told. I don't remember much about how or why I got them. The Jedi found me a few months ago in some separatist base-"

"So you werent taken as a Child?" 'The Dutchess asked in surprise, cutting Zephyr off'

"N-No. They rescued me and apparently. My connection to the force was strong enough to warrant training. Even at my age" 'Zephyr explained, earning a hum from the older woman'

"Just how attuned to the force are you then?" 'The Dutchess asked curiously as she came to a stop'

'Zephyr looked around, his eyes laying upon a rather large truck shaped speeder'

"May I?" 'Zephyr asked'

"Of course, just be careful" 'The Dutchess said in amusement'

'Zephyr raised his right hand toward the speeder, the plating along his arm and hand opening wide'

'He briefly grit his teeth, struggling to exert his strength through the force'

'After a moment the speeder shuddered as it was lifted into the air, a sigh of relief coming from the cyborg'

'The speeder shuddered mid air before dropping to the ground, shaking as it did so'

"Sorry...still recovering from a mission gone wrong" 'Zephyr said apologetically, a half hearted chuckle escaping from him'

"There is no need to apologize. That was quite impressive for a Jedi of your age" 'The Dutchess praised, starting to walk again'

'A hesitant smile formed on the young Cyborgs face before he ran to catch up with the older woman'

'He had just met this woman. Yet for some reason. He felt as though he knew her'

'He felt an odd sense of comfort when around her. Though she did seem to be genuinely kind, it felt far deeper than her being polite'

"Have you ever been to Mandalor before?" 'The Dutchess asked suddenly, catching Zephyr's attention'

"At some point when I was younger yes. I was born on Mandalor" 'Zephyr explained, catching the older woman's attention once again'

"Really?" 'The Dutchess asked in minor surprise, earning a nod from the padawan'

"I ask because you seem familiar to me. I was worried we had met and I had forgotten" 'she explained with a half hearted chuckle, relief audible in her voice'

"No, as far as I am aware. We have not met until today" 'Zephyr reassured with a chuckle'

"Truth be told. I don't have much of my memory before the Jedi found me. The working theory is whatever experimentation I went through wiped my memory" 'Zephyr explained as he looked to his hands'

"Well perhaps I could be of some assistance then. I would be more than happy to try and help you learn about your past" 'The Dutchess offered, catching Zephyr off guard slightly'

"You would do that?"

"Of course!" 'The Dutchess said with laugh, smiling softly'

*To Be Continued*