Chapter Two: "Force Sickness"?

'Zephyr was abruptly thrown into consciousness. His head was pounding and his chest ached'

'As his vision returned to him. Zephyr found he was back in his personal quarters at the temple'

'The last thing he could recall was a searing pain rip through his body before over heating and passing out'

'His legs and arms felt heavy and sluggish. It took an abnormal amount of effort to move them'

'His arms sputtered and twitched before he even could move them, bringing his hand up to his forehead'

'Zephyr let out a tired groan, his voice crackling and glitching as he did so'

'He looked around his room in a daze, finding his vision was more broken than usual. A thin layer of static being present'

'As he staggered to his feet, Zephyr's legs let out a low metallic groan as they nearly gave in'

'Holding onto his nightstand to balance himself Zephyr corrected his posture. The plating a long his legs shuddering as he did so'

'A knock at his door caught his attention. Causing him to reach out through the force to push the button to open the door'

'As the door opened. Master Shaak-Ti stepped in, a mild look of surprise crossing her face as she saw Zephyr'

'The two shared a moment of silence before Zephyr collapsed to his knee's as green sparks shot out from his kneecaps'

'The older Jedi rushed to Zephyr's side. Managing to catch him by the arm before he collapsed further'

"What are you doing out of bed Padawan?" 'The older Togruta asked in light concern'

'Zephyr attempted to raise his arms to sign to the Jedi, finding his arms would only sputter and spark in response'

"You need more rest youngling. Your connection to the force has been corrected. But your body is still very weak" 'Shaak-Ti stated as she helped Zephyr stand up'

'Even for the Jedi master Zephyr was a lot heavier than she expected him to be. One limb weighed well over thirty pounds'

'Using the force to enhance her strength Shaak-Ti aided Zephyr in returning to his bed, sitting him down shortly after'

'As Zephyr sat breathing heavily the Jedi master crouched down, placing the back of her hand onto Zephyr's forehead'

'A small frown crossed Shaak-Ti's face as she stood up'

"You are quite ill Zephyr"  'Shaak-Ti admitted before slowly waving her hand in front of Zephyr's face'

"Rest" 'The Jedi master said in a calming tone as she reached through the force, causing his eyes to flutter'

'Zephyr resisted momentarily before being rendered unconscious, falling back onto his bed'

'With a sigh Shaak-Ti placed the bed's blanket over Zephyr before turning around, heading to the doorway'

'As she exited the room Shaak-Ti was greeted by both Obi-Wan as well as the Grandmaster'

"How is he?" 'Obi-Wan asked curiously, earning a sigh from the togrutan Jedi master'

"Not well. He was awake when I entered. He is quite stubborn" 'Shaak-Ti admitted earning a hum from the grandmaster'

"Recovering Is he?" 'Yoda asked after a moment of hesitation'

"I'm afraid not grandmaster. He has stabilized but he is quite ill. He is running a high temperature fever,  even his cybernetics seem to be effected" 'Shaak-Ti explained, earning a nod from the grandmaster'

"Gone through a similar process I have in my past. Reached too deep into the well of the force he has. Recover in time he will" 'Yoda said in an assured tone, earning a slight look of relief from Shaak-Ti'

"I'm afraid I can not oversee his recovery myself. I have been away from Kamino for far too long" 'The togrutan Jedi master stated with a sigh'

"I will watch over him master. I am partly responsible for his current health" 'Obi-Wan stated with a mild tone of guilt in his voice'

"To be honest master Kenobi. I feel as though that would be a poor decision. Your presence will likely aggravate his condition" 'Shaak-Ti said in a matter of fact tone'

"That is a fair point..." 'Obi-Wan admitted with a sigh of defeat'

"Worry about his recovery we should not.  Found a willing individual believe I have found" 'Yoda said with a grin, earning a look of confusion from the two Jedi masters'

'With a brief flick of his cane Yoda pushed through the force, causing Ahsoka to stumble forward, rounding the corner as she did so'

'Obi-Wan crossed his arms as an amused smirk crossed his face. A similar expression having taken over Shaak-Ti as well'

"This is....awkward" 'Ahsoka said with a light chuckle, shrinking slightly under the gaze coming from the trio of Jedi'

"Would you be willing to watch over Zephyr in my stead Padawan Tano?" 'Shaak-Ti asked curiously, having taken a few steps forwards'

"Are you sure that's good idea?" 'Obi-Wan asked cautiously, earning a lightly annoyed glance from Ahsoka'

"Watch over him for quite some time she already has. Trust her for this request I do" 'Yoda said in Ahsoka's defense

'Ahsoka thought for a moment before sighing, looking back to the Jedi masters'

"I don't see why not. It would be a nice change of pace for a bit" 'Ahsoka said with confidence in her voice, earning a soft smile from Shaak-Ti'

"You have my thanks Padawan" 'Shaak-Ti said nodding her head softly'

*To Be Continued*