Aftermath

'Ahsoka found the white and red light dimming as her senses returned. A white light shining down on her as the clicks and whirrs of a machine could be heard'

'As her vision returned she found a medical droid looking her over'

'The droid stopped as it noticed her having returned to consciousness, letting her sit up'

"Hey snips, welcome back" 'The familiar voice of Anakin called out, catching her attention'

'Ahsoka looked to her side, finding her master sat next to the medical bed she had been laid on'

"What...happened??" 'Ahsoka asked aloud, directing the question more so to herself'

'She swore she could still feel the water around her. The stinging cold'

'But it only lasted a moment. The feeling of warmth and relief quickly over coming her'

"A lot happened...long story short, some how. You were able to stop whatever possessed Zephyr"

"When the storm parted Obi-wan and I rushed in try and give you a hand. But you were both out cold" 'Anakin explained'

"What was that anyway? You were glowing. What exactly did you do to stop him?" 'Anakin asked curiously as a look of realization crossed Ahsoka's face'

"Is Zephyr okay?!" 'Ahsoka asked frantically as she sat up fully'

"Hey, easy snips" 'Anakin said warily as Ahsoka stood up'

"He was drowning! I tried to-"

"Zephyr is fine" 'Anakin explained, cutting his padawan off mid sentence'

'Ahsoka let out a sigh of relief, the rush of adrenaline she had been feeling having ran out'

'Before she could collapse, Anakin caught her. A look of worry crossing his face'

"What happened between you two?" 'Anakin asked in a mixture of worry and suspicion'

"I'm...not quite sure really" 'Ahsoka admitted as she sat back down on the medical bed'

"Well...if anything comes back to you, let me know" 'Anakin said with a sigh'

'Ahsoka was shivering. Her entire body felt worn out. Like she had strained every muscle in her body'

"I'll go get you something to eat" 'Anakin said as he straightened out outfit'

'Ahsoka waited as her Master walked out of the medical facility'

'A few moments after. The door opened again, catching her attention'

"Take it easy, you should be resting" 'Shaak-Ti said softly as Zephyr limped into the medical ward, doing her best to keep the cyborg upright'

"Got more important things to do" 'Zephyr stated simply as his eyes flickered'

'As he shook his head. Zephyr noticed Ahsoka's presence, his eyes visibly glowing brighter as a result'

"Are you okay?" 'Zephyr asked as he stopped in front of the Togruta, gently looking her over'

'Ahsoka stammered over her words for a moment as she felt his metal fingers gently graze over her skin as he gently turned her head'

"Y-Yeah. I think so" 'Ahsoka said reassuringly as Zephyr drew his hand back'

'Subconsiously Ahsoka brought her hand up to the cheek he had touched, despite his cybernetics being made of metal'

'They were warm. They were soft. Like skin in a way'

'Ahsoka's flustered state was washed away as Zephyr's body let out a few audible clicks and whirrs'

'She was quick to stand up, aiding Shaak-Ti in keeping the cyborg on his feet'

"I thought I had hurt you..." 'Zephyr said in relief, his right eye flickering back to life. Having recovered from the brief laps in consciousness'

'Ahsoka let out a small but genuine laugh, despite how tired she was'

"No you didn't hurt me. Got pretty close a few times though" 'Ahsoka admitted, helping Zephyr sit down with her on the bed'

"He was in hysterics when he woke up. He refused to rest until he knew you were alright" 'Shaak-Ti explained, catching Ahsoka's attention'

'Zephyr's eyes flickered slightly at the mention of his behavior. If he wasnt so weak and exhausted. He likely would have been embarrassed'

"Why would you do that?" 'Ahsoka asked with confusion audible in her voice'

'Zephyr took a deep breath to steady himself, small green sparks being ejected from his shoulder'

"I was....drowning in some sort of...void. it was cold and...dark"

"But, just when everything was fading...you were there" 'Zephyr explained, a momentary look of recognition crossing her face'

"You pulled me out" 'Zephyr said with a small smile'

"Thank you"

'Ahsoka was taken aback slightly from the sincerity of the statement. She was used to civilians giving her thanks. But this was the most genuine thank you she had gotten from another Jedi'

'Ahsoka smiled softly as Zephyr's left eye flickered out'

"Any time"

*To Be Continued*