YOU LOVE TO BE LOVED

SEASON TWO, CHAPTER FOUR
YOU LOVE TO BE LOVED.

Robin didn't visit Nate in the hospital, even though their parents had asked her to on several occasions - her dad was really upset about Nate getting beaten up, and had been hounding Robin for information on who had hurt his son so badly

Robin didn't visit Nate in the hospital, even though their parents had asked her to on several occasions - her dad was really upset about Nate getting beaten up, and had been hounding Robin for information on who had hurt his son so badly. Robin had said she didn't know the guy, and had given an opposite description of what Fez looked like - long hair, chubby, short, clean-shaven.  Whether or not he believed her or not, she didn't know.

Because of her dad's constant howling, she often spent the night at Maddy's, which of course Maddy didn't mind. Maddy's mom was weirdly okay with Robin being around, something neither of the teens had expected.

Currently, Cassie was over. She'd been in a low-grade depressive episode since New Year's, and Maddy had invited her over in hopes of cheering her up. She'd told them how she and McKay had broken it off completely, leaving her a single lady, which explained her low mood, Cassie didn't do well alone - she flourished when she had male validation, or someone to look good for.

"Wait, when have you ever been single?"

Maddy had asked it simply while Robin was in the bathroom, getting changed into a bathing suit. While the question seemed harmless, it had sent Cassie's brain whirling about what she had done and what she had heard at the New Years' party. She was fucking her best friends ex, and her other best friends brother - while also knowing those two best friends had something going on.

"When have you?" She replied quickly just as Robin left the bathroom - the noise made both Cassie and Maddy turn their heads, seeing robin appear in a burgundy bikini that left very little to the imagination.

"Next time you decide to have an impromptu pool party, let me know like an hour before so I can grab my own bathing suit," Robin said to Maddy, using her arms to cover her stomach. Maddy couldn't help but stare at her - it was her bikini Robin had borrowed, and it fit her like a glove.

"What do you mean? You look great," Maddy complimented as Cassie nodded, trying to act casual. Maddy just kept staring at her, and more importantly her boobs.

"My eyes are up here, Madelyn," Robin said, making Maddy look up at her.

"Whatever," Maddy turned quickly, looking at Cassie, "Ready?"

Cassie stood up, nodding her head and walking out the door, Maddy watched her do it, going to follow, when a thought popped into her head.

"Actually Cassie, we'll meet you down there in a sec, I'm gonna grab us some cover-ups for after," Maddy said, making Cassie nod and leave the room. Maddy turned then toward Robin, who was still covering her midsection with her arms, not enjoying how much of her body was on show.

"You did this on purpose," Robin was the first to speak, "This is the most revealing thing I've ever seen." She gestured to her body with her arms.

"You look great," Maddy said simply, walking towards her and grabbing her hand. She lifted it above Robin's head, signalling for her to give Maddy a twirl, but Robin just stayed put, giving her the stink eye. The look made Maddy tilt her head to the side, before questioning, "What?"

"I hate it," Robin said, her voice whiney as she spoke, "I feel ridiculous."

"You look hot," Maddy said simply, moving her hand to rest on Robin's cheek, "I promise."

Robin just stared into her eyes, seeing the promise behind her eyes as Maddy stared right back, confident in her words.

Robin then moved forward, capturing Maddy's lips in a short but sweet kiss. When she pulled away, she kept her face close to Maddy's, "You mean it?" She asked so softly.

It made Maddy smile, the shorter girl leaning in for another short kiss, "I do," She then confirmed, "It's just me and Cass, we're not gonna judge what you look like."

"Okay," Robin nodded, moving away from Maddy, "I would like a cover-up though if that's alright?"

Maddy just smiled softly again, walking past Robin to her closet and grabbing the cover-ups, along with the towels, before grabbing Robin's hand and leading her downstairs.

They met Cassie out by the hot tub, the girl already in the water and staring out into space. It made the two share a look, before putting down their things and both getting in on either side of Cassie.

"You okay, Cass?" Robin asked her as steam blew into her face, the feeling warming her up.

"Just thinking," Cassie replied, still staring off - her response made Maddy and Robin share another look.

"About what?" Maddy then asked, moving to sit in front of Cassie on the other side of the hot tub.

"I was reading this article on abstinence, and how not having sex is like it's own spiritual journey," Cassie said to them, leaning back a little to look at the stars.

"Right," Maddy said slowly as Robin moved to sit next to Maddy, wrapping her arm around the Perez girl, just out of sight from Cassie - the hold made Maddy melt slightly, leaning into Robin's side.

"The writer compared it to how monks take their vows of silence, and I really feel like that's my journey this year." Cassie continued, making Maddy and Robin share another look, both in slight disbelief.

"Bitch, I don't believe a word you're saying," Maddy spoke up before Robin had the chance, and the accusation made Cassie's eyebrows furrow, a little hurt.

"Why?" She asked Maddy.

"Because you love to be loved," Robin answered for Maddy, making Cassie look over at her now, her eyebrows still furrowed, "It's not a bad thing, Cass, it's just who you are."

"How do I fix that?" Cassie asked, wrapping her arms around her middle as she spoke.

"I don't know, when you wanna say yes, just say no," Maddy said simply.

"It's also a lot more than that," Robin said honestly, "A lot of things you do subconsciously are a result of things that have happened to you in the past, whether it be how you were raised, who you grew up with, who you're around now," She explained to Cassie, "It sounds lame, but you've got to learn how to love yourself and be happy with your own company, you know? Wear something to make yourself feel good, buy something because you want it,  say what you mean because it will make you feel better - that's how you fix it."

Cassie had nodded at that, falling silent and looking back up to the stars.