IM PROUD

CHAPTER SIX
IM PROUD

"Why is Rue looking at a picture of a dick?"

To say Robin was confused is an understatement - as far as she was aware, Rue wasn't exactly into guys, let along into guys who sent nudes, so to see it was a little confusing.

"It's huge, right?" Jules asks as Rue passes the phone to Robin, the girl furrowing her brows as she shakes her head in disgust, giving the phone back to Jules.

Robin and I never talked about what happened with Mouse at Fez's place - I think we collectively decided to just move on. There was no tension, no underlying messages in our words, we just moved on.

"I mean, it's definitely there," Robin says to her as Jules smiles at her phone, "Who's dick is it and why do I have the misfortune of seeing it?"

"It's Tyler's," Jules smiles and Robin's eyebrows raise.

"You're still talking to him?" She asks, "No offence whatsoever Jules, but I wasn't expecting this to last so long. You really like him?"

Robin can practically see the blush grow onto Jules' cheeks, making a small smile appear on her face. Sure, it wasn't the best way of meeting someone, but if Jules was happy, she was happy for her. Rue on the other side of her clearly wasn't as chuffed, but that was expected, I mean, she did have a little crush on the girl.

"I mean..." Jules smiles to herself.

"Good for you," Robin nudges Jules with her shoulder, "I'm glad you're happy."

"Thank you, Robin!" Jules hugs the girl in the side, "Why can't you be more like Robin, Rue?"

Rue was less than pleased, "I'm sorry I worry about your safety?"

Jules just shrugs, "He's got a big dick, what's not to like?"

"It may be, but, we can't really tell 'cause its just fucking floating in space," Rue says as Jules places her phone on the table.

"So?" Jules asks.

"So, there's no way to compare scale. You know, If there's a fucking hand in the frame, at least you can be like okay, it's about the size of an adult male hand," Rue explains to the two, Robin nodding her head.

"Rue," Jules gets out her phone again, getting up the picture, "This is an objectively big dick."

"I'm gonna bounce, but good luck on your dick adventure," Robin says getting up from the table and patting Jules' shoulder, before disappearing over to her own group of friends, taking a seat next to Maddy.

"Hey Robin," Cassie welcomes Robin, who gives her a small smile as she sits down.

"Bitch we fuckin' missed you last week, where were you?" BB then speaks up, and Robin glances over to Maddy for a moment.

Robin didn't like people knowing she was weak or going through anything of a tough time, it just never made her comfortable. These girls were her friends sure, but they didn't need to know she was hunched over the toilet for most the week, going through a complete drug detox.

"I had the flu," Robin tells her, simply, the girls at the table nodded, before turning back to Cassie.

"How are you and McKay?" Robin asks her, getting out the apple from her bag.

"We like FaceTime every night," Cassie told the girls with a small smile on her face, Robin spared a glance over to Maddy, who wasn't looking at her. They did that too, at least the nights where Maddy wasn't staying over. Maddy made a real effort to make sure Robin was okay, and she found that really endearing.

"Aw, that so sweet. You guys are full-on in love." BB says taking a sip from her milkshake. Maddy and Robin both shifted, slightly uncomfortable at the remark, was that how easy it was to claim someone was in love?

BB noticed the both of them move, and kept a smile to herself.

"Oh, my god. Stop!" Cassie says with wide eyes, "We are not in love, but he did invite me to spend the weekend with him."

"The whole weekend?" Maddy asks.

"Yeah, like Friday and Saturday night." Cassie answers.

"How romantic," Robin mumbles, looking down at the ground. Cat, who was sat on the other side of her, was busy answering someone on the phone, a small smile on her features as she did so. Robin furrowed her eyebrows - were all her best friends falling in love?

"Is your mom gonna let you go?" Maddy asks.

"It doesn't matter, I'll just kill her in her sleep if she doesn't let me." Cassie answered, making Maddy chuckle slightly.

"Sounds like true love to me," BB sings.

"Yeah, thats some Romeo and Juliet shit," Robin tells her with a smirk.

"Whatever," Cassie dismisses, "She can't stop me."

"Honestly, I love your mom, she gives me wine," Maddy says and Robin nods her head at that.

"Yeah, Suze once asked me if I could get her some weed," Robin says, "Never got round to it though, she'll have to forgive me."

"Speaking of weed," BB smirks, "I'm going to Fez's after school, wanna come."

"Nah, I'm good," Robin tells her, shaking her head. The thought of Robin turning down a drug trip makes both Cassie and BB go wide eyed, staring at her like she had three heads.

"Who are you and what have you done with Robin Jacobs?" Cassie asks seriously.

"I'm just cutting down," Robin shrugs her shoulders, trying to be lowkey about it. Maddy notices the anxious expression on her face, and under the table grabs her hand, making Robin's cheeks heat up at the contact, "Had a deep talk with Rue and realised I don't wanna end up where she did, you know?"

The three girls nod.

"Good for you, girl," BB preaches, making Robin nod with a tight smile. She watches as Cassie and BB start up a new conversation, and feels Maddie squeeze her hand, leaning closer to whisper.

"I'm proud of you."

A/N
Just a short chapter for you all :)

How are you guys enjoying the book so far?