I'M NOT RUE

CHAPTER TWO
I'M NOT RUE

When Nate and Robin got home that night Nate went straight up to his room with no words sent Robins way

When Nate and Robin got home that night Nate went straight up to his room with no words sent Robins way. In a way, she was thankful. Their conversations were rarely kind to one another, and usually filled with a weird hatred. They both had their good qualities and bad qualities, but for some reason around each other only the bad ones would show.

While Nate disappeared off to his room, Robin went to grab a glass of water, feeling very dehydrated as she came down from her high. Her father was in the kitchen, sat at the island unit as he read over some important document.

She found it gross that he could act so normal, considering she had just seen his car at a motel a couple hours earlier.

She was silent as she grabbed a glass, filling it up with tap water.

"Robin," Cal acknowledged her existence, something he rarely liked to do. Robin was silent as she turned off the tap, "How was the party?"

"Fine." She responded simply, walking out of the room before a complete conversation could flow. Cal sighed to himself before looking at his work - he'd always blamed their lack of communication on Robin being a rebellious teenager, little did he know the real reason.

When Nate Jacobs was 11 years old, and Robin Jacobs was 10, they found their dads porn collection. Their dad, Cal, was obsessive. Nate's mom always said that's who Nate got it from.

Robin was the one to realise that the coloured cases were an elaborate code, one to ensure that no one fucked with his shit.

"I have a very pretty dick. Do you want to see it?"

As soon as that was heard through the computer, Nate had moved to cover little Robin's eyes with a shocked look. The girl at the time didn't really understand what was going on, and should've been thankful for Nate's attempt to protect her innocent eyes, but instead she had moved out of the way, staring at the screen as her father defiled and degraded man after man and woman after woman, none of which were her mother, and none of which knew of their existence.

"Fucking whore."

"Fucking slut."

"That's right, do what daddy tells you."

That was the day Robin stopped calling Cal daddy, or dad altogether.

There was a separate time years later where Robin had gone into the office on her own, her dad hadn't come back the night before, telling her mother that he had stayed late to get work done, and she wanted to check if it was true.