PICK

CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN
PICK

Robin felt sick as she stood next to Nate, letting her mother take pictures of them all dressed up for formal

Robin felt sick as she stood next to Nate, letting her mother take pictures of them all dressed up for formal. They were both in black, Nate wearing a tux, robin in a cowl neck dress that hugged her in all the right places. She looked beautiful, considering the pound of makeup she'd had to put on random bruises that littered her body.

The flashes of the camera made her head spin as Nate squeezed her arm with a smile.

She wasn't expecting to go to the formal, but when Lexi had invited her she couldn't say no, so Lexi and Robin were each other's dates. To her knowledge, Nate was turning up with one of her dad's friend's daughters, but with be with Maddy for the night.

When Robin got picked up by Lexi and Cassie, the two girls catcalled her on the walk to the car. It made robin smile as she twirled to show off the dress - it was basic in comparison to theirs, but it looked great on her. The sisters seemed excited for the night of glamour, and Robin couldn't blame them.

She was instantly offered some vodka in a flask as she entered the car but refused it as she sat back in the seat. She was anxious - she knew they were now on their way to pick up Maddy, and she knew she wanted to talk to her before the formal. The weekend had given her time to think, and she knew she needed a real talk with Maddy before the formal.

"You okay?" Lexi asked her, turning her head to look at her with a small look of concern. Robin nodded her head, humming out a yes as she looked out of the window, enjoying the quiet.

"Do you guys mind if I grab Maddy before she gets to the car?" Robin asked the two, the both of them having no issue with it whatsoever.

And with that, they arrived at the house. Robin got out of the car and closed the door, quickly walking up to Maddy's front door to knock.

Her heart dropped when Maddy's mother opened the door, giving the Jacobs girl a dirty look - it was warranted considering what happened with Nate and Maddy, but it didn't make Robin feel any less shitty.

"Maddy ready?" Robin asked, but before Maddy's mom could answer, the girl was running towards the front door, excited about the night. Maddy paused a little at the sight of Robin, but then turned to her mo, kissing her cheek and saying goodbye.

Her mom told her to have fun and the door was closed.

A silence fell over the two as they stood in each others presence. Lexi and Cassie pretending not to look as they stared at each other.

"You look good," Robin complimented, as Maddy nodded.

"I know."

Robin rolled her eyes with a smile as Maddy giggled, the two words cutting the tension with a knife.

"I wanted to talk to you quick," Robin then said, looking away from Maddy for a moment and over to the car, "Just before we go."

Maddy nodded, letting her continue on.

"I've done a lot of thinking over the last couple of weeks, about you and me and everything that's been going on, and I wanna just get it out in the open if that's alright?" Robin asks, and Maddy nods again.

"I like you, Maddy, a lot." Robin begins, "From how you look, to how you think, to how you feel and love and everything else. I really like you. And I think you know that, and have known that for a while, even before we kissed - you knew when things weren't right with Nate you could come to me for a quick thing and you saw no issue with that, which was fine because by the end of the week you were back with Nate and I was forgotten again. I want you to know that ends now. I was fine with it for a while, but I can't keep letting you use me over and over again just to make my brother angry at you, I'm not a pawn in a game of chess. I'm a human being with human emotions that should mean more to you than just using me to get a reaction. If you like me, that's great, if you don't, this ends right now. I am not gonna be something easy for you to mess with."

"I didn't know you felt that way," Maddy said quietly, suddenly seeing a bigger picture to everything that had happened - for a long time, she didn't really care for how others felt, it was her against the world - but Robin helped change that, and she couldn't let her think she was nothing to her.

"Well I did," Robin said simply, "I'm not gonna be a dick and make you choose between me and him - I will still be a friend to you regardless of what happens, but tonight I want you to choose. Stay with Nate, and things with us will never go past hanging out together at a mall or at each other's houses... or leave him. What we had can continue, I promise I'll love you, and I'll be there."

"Robin..." Maddy mumbled, moving closer to the girl, but Robin stepped back.

"You don't have to pick right now, but by the time the formal finishes, I want to know. I am not gonna continue to feel like this if you don't feel the same." Robin told her, "So for right now, put a smile on your face, and enjoy the night. You really do look lovely."

And with that, they were back in the car.

//

not edited sorry

also sorry for the break, uni exams and essays are awful

back to regular programming soon