THE NEXT MORNING

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
THE NEXT MORNING

Robin didn't sleep well that night - Maddy was fast asleep for most of it, only waking up once when Robin went to the bathroom

Robin didn't sleep well that night - Maddy was fast asleep for most of it, only waking up once when Robin went to the bathroom. She was worried for the Jacobs girl, anyone in her position would be, and she didn't want to leave her alone.

Robin was sitting at Maddy's desk when she woke up the next morning, she was staring at herself in the mirror, a dead expression on her face, unmoving. Maddy didn't want to startle her when she first saw her, so opted to making noise while pretending to wake up. Robin stayed still.

To be truthful, she hated the person looking back at her. What happened to he kid who would kiss her mother good night every night? What happened the little girl who sat on her dad's shoulders at the carnival, yelling that she wanted to go on every ride despite not being tall enough?

She could barely recognise the person looking at her - the girl who let a guy use her so she could get drugs, let anyone and everyone push her around like it was no ones business. It wasn't fair - how come her brother was feared, her dad was powerful, and she was nothing?

"Morning," Maddy spoke up, getting out of bed, "Do you want some breakfast? We've got eggs."

"I, uh, I have to go," Robin mumbled, still staring at herself, a furrow small between her brows. Maddy stared at her from where she stood, a little hurt.

"Is that the best idea?" Maddy asked, "You know, after last night-"

"Nothing happened last night," Robin told her, standing up and grabbing her bag.

"Robin-" Maddy tried to argue.

"You mention what happened to anyone, we're fucking done. I shouldn't have come here, alright?" Robin told her, "No one can know."

"What like you didn't fucking cry on my floor while I held you like a fucking baby?" Maddy snapped, "You can't just scare me like that then fuck off!"

"I can," Robin said quietly walking out of the room, speaking to herself, "And I did."

She walked out of the house, walking down the street quickly to avoid being seen near her house by anyone who could possibly tell Nate. She felt like an asshole, she was an asshole, but she was also very embarrassed to be seen in a state like that. She got what she wanted from Mouse, thats all that should matter - she shouldn't have to go to him again.

She went into her bag, taking out the ox's and putting two on her tongue, swallowing quickly, the harshness making her cough. She sighed to herself, continuing to walk, when her phone buzzed.

Mouse
you around, lil sis?

She put her phone in her pocket quickly, refusing to acknowledge the message she received as her breath caught in her throat. She tried to breathe, she really did, but it felt impossible. Her chest was tight, and she felt like she couldn't walk properly as her vision started to blur. She ripped off the hoodie Maddy had given her, trying to get the weight off of her chest, but nothing was working.

She walked into a small alley leaning against the side of the fence and slowly fell to the floor as tears began to fell.

She was stupid to think it would be that easy, that she'd get something and it'd be done with. Mouse was not the person to mess with, she knew that, and now she was stuck.

Her phone started to ring, and a small cry left her lips as she heard it. She got it out of her pocket, expecting to see Mouse's name but luckily it was Aarons.

She picked up, putting the phone to her ear.

"Where are you? I wen't into your room and you're not there," Aaron said, his tone filled with worry - he knew she wasn't doing well, and was worried she was dead.

"Can you come get me?" Robin cried, making Aaron's heart tighten in worry, "Please."

"Send your location, I'm leaving now."

-

Robin and Aaron didn't talk in the car, Robin letting him drive her home silently. She didn't want to talk about what had happened, and she didn't really want to talk to anyone at all. Her mind was plagued with anxiousness, the pills yet to set in.

"Nate's been talking about a halloween party happening tomorrow," Aaron spoke up a they neared their home, "You planning on going?"

Robin just shrugged, a party the last thing on her mind right now.

"It's his first appearance since the whole choking thing," Aaron continued, pulling into their driveway, "Might be nice if you were there."

Robin didn't reply to that, getting out of the car and heading into the house quickly - she left the door open for Aaron, realising they were the only two home, and headed straight up to her room to lie down and forget about everything that happened.

Her phone buzzed, and she sighed to herself, grabbing it.

Mouse
You ignoring me, lil sis?
I don't take lightly to people ignoring me.

And just like that, panic set in once again.