THE LAST ENCOUNTER

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR
THE LAST ENCOUNTER

Robin ended up staying with Fez and Ash for the rest of the day

Robin ended up staying with Fez and Ash for the rest of the day. SHe'd missed their company, she missed feeling like a normal teen with normal problems.

She'd had a couple of missed calls from Rue. She was still on her detective journey, and while Robin cared, she also didn't want to feed into Rue's manic state, knowing it wasn't healthy for either of them.

Wanting to stay out didn't last long, however, as Rue ended up going to Fez's to get her in on the plan. Fez was cleaning his grandma when Rue arrived and was instantly thrown off by how she was pacing up and down, anxious about something.

"Yo fez. So you know how in every '90s thriller, right, Morgan freeman plays, like, the same semi-psychic black cop." Rue begins, Robin sitting in the corner. She was trying really hard not to look at his grandma, feeling very awkward that she was stark naked as Fez cleaned her. Fez liked to talk to her about his grandma, telling her old stories of how she used to be before she became what she is. She knew so much about the woman, yet the woman had no idea who she was.

"Yeah," Fez nodded, not looking up.

"So, I know that's kind of racist, but the point is, in every movie, he's always calmly putting the fucking pieces of the case together, while everybody else around him is fucking freaking out, saying 'you don't know what the fuck you're talking about, morgan' 'you're... you're a fucking bad husband. You should fucking retire.' But no. Morgan is fucking hyper-focused. Because he can see beyond the little details. He's looking for the big fuckin' picture. Because all this shit? It's connected, Fez. And it is way bigger than any of us can even fucking see."

"What's your point, Rue?" Robin asked, rubbing her head as she felt a headache coming on.

"The point is, that's me," Rue said to her, "Right now, that is fucking me. I can see everything so fucking clearly. I know what happened, I know why it happened, and I know what the fuck I'm gonna do about it."

"Word," Fez nodded, barely understanding.

"About Nate and Maddy, or about Jules and the Tyler thing?" Robin then asks.

"That's the thing," Rue shakes her head, "You say and, but it's not two separate things, it's all fucking connected." Rue then looks over to Fez's grandma, "She can't hear me, right?"

"She can't see you either," Fez tells her.

"Okay, good, 'cause this is, like, some real top-secret shit," Rue says, moving closer to Fez.

"Trust me, Rue. She's not gonna gossip." Fez says.

"Okay," She rubs her hands together, making Robin raise her brow, "Do you still have that gun?" Rue asked, making Robin's eyes widen in shock, knowing exactly where this conversation was heading.