GATORADE AND EVERCLEAR

CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT
GATORADE AND EVERCLEAR

The whole car journey to the formal Maddy was downing Gatorade and Everclear like it was the last liquid on earth, having heavy thoughts on her mind as she did so

Robin who sat next to her was proud of herself for sticking up for herself and putting herself over others for once. She felt more confident than she had in a long time. Maddy had offered her the bottle, but she'd turned it down, opting to look out of the window as they got closer to the school.

When out of the car, the girls started walking toward the building, a couple of students also leaving their cars as they did so.

"I feel really good about tonight," Cassie said to them, looping her arm through Robin's as they walked, the action made Robin smile lightly, knowing the girl had been through a lot in the last couple of weeks.

"Really?" Maddy and Lexi asked in unison, a little shocked by Cassie's change in mood - it was no secret she'd been down the last couple of days.

"Yeah, I mean, I was thinking this is the first time since the beginning of high school that I haven't, like, been in love with somebody," Cassie explained, making Maddy look over at Robin for a second.

She couldn't relate to Cassie's words, she just didn't know which Jacob's sibling she was relating the word love to.

"honestly, I love that for you," Maddy ended up saying, to which Robin nodded, taking the small jab with a pinch of salt.

I'll know by the end of the night, I'll know by the end of the night.

They walked into the gym, seeing it covered in sequins and streamers, the light now purple. Maddy walked first, grabbing Cassie's hand, who in turn grabbed Lexi's, who grabbed Robin's, and let them through the crowd of people and over to a table where Rue and Jules were sat.

"You look great," Robin said to Rue, seeing her all dressed up, most likely because of Jules, Rue just smiled at her, accepting the compliment and bringing her in for a hug.

"You hear about Fez?" Rue asked quietly in Robin's ear, talking about his house being raided.

"I was the one who warned him," Robin replied quietly as Rue broke away, the girl nodded, the two of them were both worried about Fez, the boy was practically family to them both.

"You checked on him since?" Robin asked.

"I couldn't, you?" Rue responded as everyone took seats at the table.