48. I'll wait

Harry decided to stay back after their disastrous confrontation. The boys warned him that it was a horribly dumb decision but he didn't budge. Even when he was in hysterics, he was determined to fix the mistakes that he had made.

The boys became tired after a while and offered to take Harry with them to Liam's house but again, they were rejected. Disappointed at themselves, Niall, Zayn and Liam left, leaving the the curly haired boy, who was in a slightly better state than before, to talk to Lou, all by himself.

Harry waited for nearly an hour, curled up on the couch clutching the off-white cushion, before finally hearing the creaking sound of a door opening.

Holding his breath, he waited, his body buzzed with anticipation and his brain felt fuzzy. He was very close to chicken out but instead, he stayed stiffly planted to the couch, in his position. He heard as the sound of footsteps came down from the first floor and he sat up straight, gripping the cushion in a death grip.

The sound of footsteps stopped and Harry closed his eyes, too scared to turn around and face Louis who was now standing behind him on the last step of the staircase with puffy eyes and a stern face.

A few seconds passed in deadly silence as Harry didn't dare to move a muscle and neither did Louis. Harry's eyes were still clenched shut and his knuckles had officially turned white from the force of clutching the cushion. Louis, on the other hand didn't know how to approach Harry and just kept looking at him with blank eyes.

"Why are you still here?" Harry nearly whimpered at the lack of warmth in Louis' tone, but couldn't find right words to respond.

Seconds passed and the room was abnormally quite even after the presence of two men; both of them were slowly losing their patience.

"Why. Are. You. Still. Here?" Louis asked more sternly, punctuating each word by moving a step forward until he's standing directly behind the couch.

"Answer me Harry goddamn it! Why the fuck are you still here? I told you everything is fine and I do not hate any of you so still why are you bothering me? Why can't you leave me the fuck alone?!" Louis threw his hands in air in exasperation when Harry started crying softly instead of replying.

Louis sighed to himself and walked round the couch so that now he was standing in front of Harry; the chocolate brown mop of curls right in front of his fingers. He refrained himself from touching the silky strands of shiny hair and kneeled down in front of the couch, bringing his own face at an eye level to Harry's.

He quietly examined the crying boy sitting in front of him, on his couch, clutching his cushion.
The sudden urge to call the boy his made him snap out of his trance.

"Why didn't you go back with the boys H?" He asked softly, watching as Harry slowly lifted his head to meet his eyes and he nearly wanted to cry because Harry was so fucking beautiful....

"I-Lou-I just-" Harry could not find correct words to describe the way he was feeling or why was he still there, so, decided to take a few calming breaths before opening his mouth again.
Louis waited patiently inspite of the slight discomfort in his knees due to sitting on the cold tile floor and watched as Harry tried to calm himself.

"I just- we want you back Lou. We need you to be back in our band. One Direction wouldn't be One Direction without you." Harry whispered in a shaky voice.

"I can't H. You know I can't." Harry opened his mouth to protest but Louis cut him off.

"No listen to me, try to understand. All these years, while I was a part of One Direction, I had to lead a miserable life. I still am miserable. But I'm really thankful to you guys caz without y'all, I wouldn't have made it out alive; not that I had a lot to live for but still I kinda feel relived that I'm still breathing.