45. Hope and love

Two hours. It had been two hours since Louis has been rushed into the hospital, two hours since the doctors took him to the O.T. and two hours since Harry had actually spoken.

Liam was pacing around outside the O.T. impatiently, waiting for the doctor to come out while Harry was leaning against the wall with silent tears escaping his eyes.
To be honest, it scared the shit out of Liam to find Lou in that state but now it's concerning him more that how Harry wouldn't talk to him, or anybody. He tried to talk to the curly haired lad but the latter kept on staring ahead blankly with tears rolling down his cheeks.

They could hear the screams of paps and fans from outside. Somehow, they got to know that their idols are inside the hospital. The hospital security and their personal guards are trying their best to keep them away but it wasn't an easy job.

Liam was about to call Harry again but his phone rang in his pocket, causing him to stop pacing.
He accepted the call, checking that it was Niall.

"Hey Ni." Liam greeted gruffly, trying to control the shakiness of his voice.

"Li, you won't believe what I'm about to say!" Niall exclaimed excitedly from the other side of the phone.

"What is it Ni? Where are you guys right now?" Liam asked as normally as he could.

"We're heading towards Manchester right now; just started off from London. Guess what? I actually managed to make Simon sign the papers. I ACTUALLY DID IT LI! AND THAT FUCKER STILL HAVEN'T UNDERSTOOD WHAT HE HAD SIGNED!" Niall yelled, making Liam let out an involuntary squeak, startling himself, Harry, as well as the lady sitting at the reception. He quickly cleared his throat to compose himself and dried his eyes.

"OH MY FUCKING GOD NI ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS? GOD! I love you so much! Proud of you, you little leprechaun!" Liam let out a watery smile and Harry stared at him, asking non-verbally what made him so happy all of a sudden. Liam gestured him to wait and turned his attention to Niall who was now giggling along with Zayn, gossiping about how Simon dosent have a clue that he will be taken to jail immediately after Lou gives a statement.

"Um, Li, did you guys talk to Lou? I mean, does he know bout what we are doing?" Zayn asked, making Liam's smile falter.

"Um, about that-uh,-"

"Mr. Payne, sorry to interrupt your conversation but I need to talk to you about Mr. Tomlinson. Would you guys please come to my cabin?" Dr. Brown, who was Louis' incharge asked while removing his gloves.

"Yeah just-" Liam started but Harry cut him off.

"Is he okay?" He asked shakily, almost scared to know the answer.

"Yeah for now he's fine but he might not wake up right now. He's physically drained. And there are things that I need to tell you. Please follow me." The doctor said and started walking towards his cabin.

"Li who was that? Where are you guys? The man was telling that he wanted to talk to you guys bout Lou. Is he okay? What hap-" Niall panicked but Liam swiftly cut him off, already following the doctor and Harry.

"I promise I'll explain everything to you later Ni. For the time being just know that Lou was in a worse situation than we assumed. Right now Harry and I are in hospital and Lou's just going through a checkup. Don't worry, the doctor said that he would be fine. I'll call you later yeah? And you guys can come to the hospital if possible. I'm gonna send you the address. Bye." Without waiting for a reply, Liam disconnected the call, sent Niall the hospital's address and entered the doctor's cabin, where Harry and him were already seated, impatiently waiting for Liam to join.

"Mr. Payne please have a seat." Dr. Brown motioned towards the chair that was situated opposite to his glass table, beside Harry's seat.

"Thank you, so...?" Liam asked after clumsily letting himself plop on the offered seat.