40. The last performance...

The boys and Eleanor woke up in the morning and gathered in the hotel dining hall for breakfast. They had booked a table for six for themselves.

Halfway through the breakfast, Liam acknowledged the elephant in the room that everyone was trying to avoid.

"Eleanor, if you don't mind me asking, are you gonna accompany us in the rest of our tour from today?"

The room, which was already quiet with just six of them having breakfast quieted down even more. Niall's, Zayn's and Harry's eyes widened, absolutely unsure about Louis's reaction.

Eleanor didn't know how to answer the question because honestly, even she didn't know about Lou's plans of quitting 1D after the proposal. She had no idea whether she would accompany them further or return to her own house.

Sensing her distress, Louis prodded in.
"No El won't be accompanying us for the rest of our tour." Neither would I. "She's here just for today's concert."

Eleanor gave him a thankful smile but Liam eyed both of them suspiciously. His inner turmoil was killing him. Why would Eleanor suddenly come to meet Lou and will stay just for one night? It didn't make any sense.

Although the boys wanted to ask more questions, they dropped the topic realising how tough it was for Louis to talk about it.

The rest of the breakfast went pretty quickly and Paul came in between to inform them that they need to be ready within 4:00 in the evening as their concert would start at 6:00 pm sharp.

He also told them that they needed to check out from the hotel this evening while leaving for the concert because they'll be provided with their tour bus after their concert and will have to leave for their next destination directly from Avaiva Stadium. The boys nodded in understanding and returned to their respective rooms.

__________________________________

"Harry..." It was 2:00 in the afternoon when Harry heard Liam calling his name and knocking the door of his room. Slightly confused, he opened the door, finding a worried looking Liam.

"What is it Li? Everything alright? You look kinda worried." Harry asked Liam while moving aside, making a way for him to get in.

Liam got in and plopped down on the couch with his head resting between his palms and signaled Harry to sit beside him. Harry closed the door and sat beside Liam, eyeing him curiously.
He waited patiently while Liam open and closed his mouth several times, seeming frustrated by the lack of words to describe his distress.

After a few moments of silence, Liam got up from the couch with a frustrated grunt and started pacing around in the room in a hurried pace, leaving Harry sitting in his initial position with furrowed eyebrows.

"I-I don't fucking understand this. I-ugh! This is so fucking annoying! This whole bloody situation." Harry was shocked at Liam's sudden outburst and he quickly got up to calm him down by placing a hand on his shoulder.

Liam turned to look at him with anxious eyes and Harry waited for him to explain. Eventually, Liam sighed and sat down on the couch again before speaking up.

"It's just, suddenly Eleanor is here and Lou got mobbed by paps this morning and- and I feel like something's gonna go wrong. I dunno, it's stupid but my gut is having a wierd feeling about the whole thing. I don't know how to explain it but, I'm just getting a bad vibe you know? Does that make any sense?" Harry listened carefully as Liam kept on rambling.

"Yeah Li, it makes a lot of sense. Even I've thought about the matter. But I think Lou would've talked to you if anything was wrong you know? He would've told you." Harry tried to reassure Liam even when he was unsure himself.