24. House? Or home?

(next day, noon, London)

Currently, the boys are standing at the ground floor of the house they're supposed to live in, with their luggages. Ben and their security team has moved into a hotel immediately after dropping them to their house.

The house wasn't very big, it was a two floored building with two master bedrooms in the first floor and a comparatively smaller guest room in the ground floor. All the rooms had attached bathrooms, the kitchen area was really big and it was situated in the ground floor, close to the guest room.

"So how are we gonna share the rooms?" Zayn asked tiredly, plopping down on a couch.

"I want the guest room caz firstly, I can't share with any of you guys. Y'all are animals and most of you snore. And secondly, it's closer to the kitchen." Niall said before grabbing his luggage and running towards the guest room.

"Irish leprechaun." Liam muttered under breath. "So the rest of you?"

"I'll share with you Liam, if that's okay with you Haz?" Zayn asked with a concerned look. He wasn't leaving Harry alone with Louis intentionally but sleeping with Harry is really a pain in the ass.

"Nah! So I guess I'll have to share with Lou. Is that okay Lou?" Harry asked and Louis shrugged in response.

Liam and Zayn looked surprised at the Interaction as none of them knew about their deal of new friendship, but neither of them questioned it.

The four of them went in their respective rooms without wasting anymore time.

__________________________________

HARRY'S POV

Lou and I moved into our room. It was the same room which we used to share during our early band days at nights to sleep and cuddle [and also have sex ;)].

The room was the same as I last saw it, except for this time, there were no pictures of both of us, hanging on the wall.

I smiled contently; happy that I don't have to do the cleaning before making myself comfortable. Simon has already taken care of that.

Talking to Louis had turned out better than I expected and later I'm gonna thank Niall and Zayn for pushing me.

I dropped my luggage and plopped on the bed, feeling a sense of familiarity in the pit of my stomach. I watched as Louis did the same with his luggage and plopped on a chair.

"Lou, can we sleep now? I mean, we've already had our meals in plane so maybe I'll cook something to eat in the evening. For now, can we take a short nap? I'm really tired." I asked hopefully.

"Yeah." I frowned at Lou's reply but shrugged it off.

I made our bed, arranging the pillows and duvets. Louis used to take the right side of the bed and I used to take the left.

"Harry, no need to make my bed. I'm gonna sleep on couch."

"What? Why? Don't you wanna sleep beside me?"

"No, it's not like that. It's- I just, don't like sleeping beside people."

I was shocked. Back in those days Louis used to cuddle me to sleep; saying that he was afraid to sleep alone. In fact, he used to feel so scared that if I was out for any occasion, he used to sleep beside Zayn or Liam.

"But you used to-"

"People change Harry and I don't want to talk about what I used to do before. You can have the bed all to yourself." Louis said in a stern and cold voice, before grabbing his pillow and a duvet and moving on the couch. He dumped them there and went out to the balcony with a pack of cigarettes.
What has gotten into him?
I didn't speak another word as I was way too tired to get into an argument with him.