18. Memories

[Biggest chapter till now. Deal with it ;)

~M🦋]

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Everyone returned to their rooms with thoughtful minds after the lunch was over.

Returning to his room, Liam hastily dialled Louis' number who accepted the call after a few rings.

"Hello Li! Lunch completed? You didn't tell them anything right?" He asked in a tired voice.

"I need answers Tommo. Be ready with them , I'm coming to your room. RIGHT NOW."

"Li-" Liam hung up the call before giving Louis a chance to reply. He grabbed his room keys, locked his room and rushed towards Lou's room, which was a few rooms away from his room.

Taking a few deep breaths, he knocked the door to Louis' room which opened instantly. A tired looking and hesitating Louis moved away from the doorway to make path for Liam to enter.
No words were exchanged between them as Liam sat on the edge of the bed and Louis sat on the couch facing Liam.

After few moments of uncomfortable silence, Liam lost patience.

"FOR GOD'S SAKE LOU TALK TO ME! I NEED ANSWERS!"

"What do you wanna know?" Louis asked in an unnecessary quiet voice.

Sighing frustratingly, Liam got up and started pacing across the room.

"I want to know what I don't know Lou. I want to know the real reason why you and Haz broke up. You told me that the pressure that Modest was imposing on you two were unbearable and that's why you broke up but that's not the truth. I wanna know the truth Lou. I need to know what actually happened between you and H, I need to know why Niall and Zayn dosent talk to you anymore. And most importantly, I need to know why are you still with Eleanor when you don't love her."

Louis' head snapped up at that.
"Who told you I don't love Eleanor?" He asked harshly.

"Because I can read you like an open book Lou. I can bloody see that you're hurting. I've been seeing the same soulless body for the last five years. Don't even try to deny the fact that you still love Harry. You're still 'in love' with Harry " He sat down beside Lou before speaking up again, rubbing his palms on his face.

"Why are you doing this to yourself Lou? Why are you hurting yourself? Have you looked in the mirror? You've lost so much weight, your eyes don't shine anymore, they're dull-dead! You look pale and unhappy. Please Lou, tell me? Where did it go wrong?" Liam pleaded desperately, nearly on the verge of breaking down. It was too much for him to see his bestfriend hurting like that.

After few moments of pin drop silence, Louis spoke up.
"Okay, I'll tell you. But you have to promise me that you won't utter a word about this to anyone." He said sternly.

"Of course Lou." Liam smiled. Slightly content that Lou trusts him enough to tell him what he hasn't told anyone.

"Alright, give me a sec." Lou said before getting up and walking up to his suitcase.

Rummaging through it for a few minutes, he brought up a folder and walked back onto the couch. He tapped the surface beside him, indicating Liam to sit beside him, who obliged without questioning. He handed him the folder, telling him to open it only if matters get out of control, to which Liam immediately agreed.

"I'm gonna tell you everything from the beginning and you're not allowed to ask question in between. Alright? And you're gonna go through that folder only if something goes severly wrong." Lou said. Voice quiet.