20. The date

HARRY'S POV

Nick held my hand and gave me a reassuring squeeze before proceeding. That's one of the many things I liked about him. He was really protective over me and it gave me a strange feeling of safety. He never acted possessive; because he wasn't my boyfriend but still, he chose to stay by my side whenever I needed him.

We reached our hotel parking and I immediately recognised Nick's red Volkswagen Eos. I loved that car because I felt free when I was in it. It was a super comfortable, four seater car with no roof. It enabled me to stand up and enjoy my ride whenever I wanted to.

Squeezing my hand for the second time, Nick opened the door of his car for me; like the gentleman he was

Squeezing my hand for the second time, Nick opened the door of his car for me; like the gentleman he was. I thanked him and boarded the car, letting Nick shut the door, before he boarded the car too.

"Where are we going? I asked when he started the engine. I was both nervous and excited.
Nervous because of the talk that I had to have with Nick after our date. I hope he dosent think that I'm too selfish.
And excited because- well, who wouldn't be excited for a date?!

"That's a surprise!" He grinned while keeping his eyes on the road.

"Come on! You know how much I hate surprises. Tell meeee!" I whined.

"Chill Harold. I bet you'll like it." He said softly; smile never leaving his face.

I whined again but didn't bug about it anymore, rather, I turned on the radio and hummed quitely with the familiar tune of "Perfect" by Ed. I sighed remembering that the song was about me and Louis.

__________________________________

After driving for about forty minutes, Nick stopped the car in a parking lot. I couldn't recognise the place. He got out and held the door for me. As soon as I got out, I tried to remember if I knew this place.

Suddenly my view was blocked by a piece of black clothing.

"Nick what are you doing?" I gasped.

"Ssh. Just hold my hand." He said and clutched my waist so that I wouldn't fall. I curled my fingers around his hands. He slightly pushed me forward and we started walking.

After what felt like hours, which was only a minute or two in reality, Nick stopped me and removed the blindfold.

I rapidly blinked a few times to get used to the sudden exposure to light. When my eyes had adjusted, I took in my surrounding and gasped audibly.

"Do you like it?" Nick whispered.

He has brought me to Venice Canals! I've been wanting to visit this place for so long. Oh god! I was so happy!

I turned around to look at Nick and found him biting his lips anxiously. I used my thumb to bring it out of his teeth and slowly caressed his cheek.
"I love it!" I whispered back before pressing my lips softly against his.
I regretted my choice immediately when I didn't feel any spark or tingle.
Pulling back, I coughed awkwardly and wiped off my lips, hoping the taste of his lips would go away.