5. On their way

Louis started packing his bags with a messed up mind because according to Simon, "there's not much time left" and so, he can be called anytime for the meet up.

He mostly packed his sweatshirts and sweatpants because wearing those, he would be able hide his scar-scattered skin. He didn't want anyone's sympathy.
He packed few of his suits for the same reason even after knowing that there are very less chances of him wearing those. Lastly, he packed his cigarette cases, lighter, a few beer cans, a few sunglasses and his razor. He knows that he'll need them if he wants to keep his façade up.

Dumping the packed luggages that consisted of a suitcase and a handbag in the corner of his living room, he walked into the kitchen in search of some food. He has not gotten the chance of having breakfast within all the reunion shits and its nearly afternoon

After having cereals, he headed towards his living room, retrieving a bottle of vodka from cabinet. He knows that alcohol has a severe impact on the voice. It leaves vocals raspy, dry and cracked. It can also impair other aspects of performance as a musician. But he couldn't care less. He has always been told that he can't sing and that his voice is too raspy and high pitched, so what else can alcohol do!

After drinking alone for hours and consuming concerning amount of alcohol, he passed out on the couch. That's what he's used to.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

LOUIS' POV

I don't know for how long I was passed out, but once again I was woken up by the loud ringing of my phone. Startling awake, I became aware of two thigs; 1. My back hurts due to passing out in a weird position on couch, 2. Massive headache due to the immense amount of alcohol I've consumed.

Muttering curses under my breath, I reached for my phone which was lying negleced under me. Before receiving the call, i checked the time and HOLY FUCKING HELL! ITS 11P.M. I've been passed out for several hours. Fucking great.

Massaging my temples to reduce some headache, I received the call seeing it was Liam.

"ello"

"TOMMO ARE YOU OKAY? I'VE BEEN CALLING YOU FOR LIKE PAST THREE HOURS AN- "

I flinched at the sudden noise before answering;

"Jesus Li don't shout I'm alright. Just been sleeping. What happened though? Why have you been calling?"

"Sleeping? What the hell Lou? You nearly gave me a heartattack! Okay whatever. So yeah management called me like around 5P.M. and told me that you haven't been picking up their calls so they need me to pick you up for our flight to L.A. which is at 1:30 A.M. They have already booked our fight tickets I hope you've packed your bags Lou?"

I blinked twice, thrice before speaking up again;
"LI ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS? HOW THE HELL IS THAT SUPPOSED TO WORK? I-"

"Calm down Lou! I know its not one of the normal things to be done but again, when did our management do something normal other than putting all of us in that band that day" Liam chuckled at his own joke and I couldn't help a small smile that stretched at those words. Like seriously, the only normal and good thing that our management had done was to put us in one band. Together.

After few moments of silence, Liam spoke up once again "Have you packed your bags Lou? If not, just pack some regulars and I'm gonna bring some of my extra hoodies for you."

"That's really nice of you payno but yes I've packed my bags. When is the flight once again?"

"It's at 1:30 A.M. Do one thing, since it's only 11 now, I'm going to your house and then we will leave for airport together. Will that be alright? It's only me and you and we are not meeting the other lads before landing"