30. Proposal??

"I'm proposing to Eleanor." Louis announced in a monotonous voice while the five boys were having dinner together. That was the first time he had spoken up in that day.

With the announcement, Harry choked on his food and Niall spluttered the gulp of water he had just taken. Liam and Zayn looked at him with wide eyes.

"WHAT?" Liam yelled standing up from his chair, abandoning the half-eaten dinner.

"I. Am. Proposing. To. Eleanor." Louis replied with an eyeroll, pronouncing each word more sharply and dropped his spoon on his plate of untouched food. The rest three boys were watching their Interaction with horrified expressions.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU'RE GONNA PROPOSE? HO-WHEN?" Liam couldn't stop yelling and felt the panick rise in his chest.

"Stop yelling Liam and it's 'my' decision that I want to propose 'my' girlfriend. And to answer your question, I'm gonna propose to her by the mid of July, during one of our concerts. I'm not sure which one though." Louis glared at him as if to say 'don't pull up any scene right now!' and Liam understood.

"I'm sorry Lou." Liam sighed and sat on his chair again. He realised that it was the new task that Simon gave him. "I'm just too shocked to digest the information. It's totally out of blue." He said, trying to calm his nerves and sent a knowing look to Harry, Niall and Zayn and they meekly nodded.

Louis didn't reply. Rather, he kept on playing with his food, not bothering to look up.

"Have you-" Harry started but his voice cracked on between, causing Louis to whip his head in his direction with worry evident in his eyes. The boys noticed the gesture and smiled to themselves. Damn Love!

Clearing his throat, Harry spoke up again, hoping that Louis wouldn't question him.
"Caught a cold. Anyways, have you chosen a ring yet?" He tried to keep his voice as normal as possible but there was a certain edge in it that didn't go unnoticed by any of the boys, causing Niall to kick him under the table.

A flicker of hurt flashed in Louis' eyes but it was gone as soon as it had appeared. He gave Harry a long calculating stare making him squirm under his gaze.

"No. I'll buy it tomorrow." And with that, Louis got up from the table and proceeded towards the stairs.

When the boys made sure that Louis was out of sight, Liam spoke up.
"Lads, y'all go to my room and Zi, contact Luna. We need an appointment as soon as possible. Give Anne's reference if that helps. I'm just gonna go and have a talk with Lou. I have to confirm that it's truely Simon who's forcing him to take this step."

"You go to him Li, I'll do the cleaning." Harry said while collecting their plates from the table.

The boys nodded and proceeded to do their assigned works.

Liam approached Harry and Louis' room with small and quite steps, aware that he might startle the older lad.
After opening the door of the room, he didn't find anyone inside.
Curiously, he went inside, strolling through it, trying to find Louis. When thoroughly checking out the room didn't help, Liam approached the balcony who's door was slightly open.

He completely pulled open the door and found Louis sitting on floor, leaning against the wall and having a smoke.

"Lou." Liam asked timidly, causing Louis to look up.

"What do you want Li?" He sighed, putting the stick back in between his parted lips.

Liam plopped down on the floor, copying Louis' position and turned his body towards his smoking figure.

"Simon told you to do that didn't he?"

"You know the drill Li. And anyways, it would be my last task before the contract ends. So- yeah!"