Chapter Forty Three: Asleep

"It's been three days. Why isn't she up yet?" Melanie asked, pacing the library floor as Brandi typed upon a large type writer.

The large metal contraption was the combination of an automatic and a manual type writer. Powered by two small rounded gems that allowed the ink to reset itself hands-free and the keys of the board required little pressure to type with. Brandi paused to consider her next words as she continued typing. She too had thought of Kelly.

Their friend had been asleep for three days and two nights. While Melanie had slept after being bitten by Lucian for two days and two nights, they had been allowed to pop in on her and see. Maalceus though had locked Kelly away. He too was locked in the room with her though. A fact that Melanie did not fully enjoy either.

"If the King says she will be alright, I believe him." Brandi replied. "Come sit sugar. You'll burn a hole in the floor before long if you keep pacing."

Melanie's shoulders dropped and she sagged into the chair. Over the last couple days her own transition was becoming more and more apparent. The silvery white hairs had started spreading, taking over nearly half her head. The dark Atlantic blue of her eyes had completely shifted to a bright sapphire blue color with hints of amethyst.

Melanie's tan skin had started to grow pale as though all the color in her pigments were being leached out. Brandi glanced at the Queen of Vervania and offered a small smile.

"Want to check out my ad?"

Melanie got up from the chair and inspected the two pages of her advertisement. The front page was the hand drawn picture of a bar, and draped across it was a voluptuous woman. Hanging from the walls in the background were toys and tools for sexual pleasure. At the top of the front page in big bold lettering was the name of the establishment.

'Vervania Kinkster community.'

Melanie looked at the second page which was a description and what the 'business to be', required.

'The VKC is a bar and communal gathering. There will be hand mixed and poured alcohol for all customers on the entry level. The second floor will be where all the fun happens. Kinky beings of all races, genders, ages and orientations are invited to gather and enjoy themselves in a fun and safe environment.

The VKC is in need of one additional investor, three bar tenders, three guards and all the kink minded people that are interested. Please come to the palace for inquiries.'
Melanie handed the papers back to Brandi with a smile.

"I hope you are ready for what you are about to unleash upon this kingdom."

"The best bar and club that this kingdom has ever seen? Yeah. I'm ready." Brandi smirked.

"C'mon. I'll walk with you to the city advertisement board."

Brandi grabbed the two sets of papers and left the library with Melanie. Nearly ten days of constant study and research had brought Brandi to the cusp of her own business. One that had no competitors and had the full backing of the King. Brandi felt the excitement boil inside of her as they left the palace to head into the city.

*****

Maalceus sat beside Kelly. Her soft tan skin had started crusting over with dried flakes. A shift that he had not encountered before. Usually the transition was a gentle and slow process. The hair and eyes changed over time. The skin and body sometimes altered too.

However, this seemed like an expedited transition. In only a few days her hair had changed from blonde to brown and then to black. Only a few streaks of light blonde remained though they too would change soon as well. Her tan skin had darkened rather than lightened. As though she had been spending every waking minute in the unclouded sunlight.