Chu Muqing thought for a moment and was about to say something again—

Unconsciously, the wind blowing in her ears became more violent and a small drop of rain fell on her cheeks.

Chu Muqing's words reached her lips but she swallowed them back and asked her softly, "It's going to rain, do you want to go home?"

The wind was blowing very strong at night and the cold wind blew unscrupulously on the skin, as if it could penetrate directly into the human body through the pores.

But Chu Muqing's embrace was very warm, so warm that Lin Xi was addicted to it and didn't want to come out.

But it will rain soon.

She came out of Chu Muqing's arms and took the initiative to separate a short distance from her.

"Um... OK, let's go home."

The car stopped not far away, Lin Xi walked forward quietly in front, Chu Muqing slowly followed behind her.

The whole street was quiet with no pedestrians except for the occasional car passing by.

Lin Xi thought for a while, took a deep breath, turned around and whispered to her, "Chu Muqing, I've caused you trouble, but... you're really good at comforting people."

Chu Muqing stopped in her footsteps and asked her softly from a short distance, "Then have you been comforted?"

Lin Xi exhaled softly and said, "I'm much better already."

Chu Muqing and her looked at each other but did not speak immediately.

Lin Xi remembered something and suddenly asked her, "Chu Muqing... am I ugly when I cry?"

Chu Muqing looked at her for a while and suddenly a smile appeared in her eyes: "Well, it's fortunate that Chengcheng didn't see it."

Lin Xi: ...

She was very uncomfortable in her heart but when Chu Muqing made such a "joke", she didn't know how to respond.

Just as she was about to say something, Chu Muqing's cell phone rang.

The melodious piano sound rang in the quiet night and the undulating rhythm was exceptionally pleasant.

Chu Muqing answered the phone: "Hello, hello."

The person on the other end of the phone didn't know what to say. Lin Xi seemed to be calling from Chu Muqing's company. She obviously had to work overtime again tonight.

Chu Muqing walked forward while on the phone, Lin Xi reminded carefully: "Chu Muqing, watch the road..."

Chu Muqing glanced at her from the corner of her eyes and replied warmly, "Well, good."

On the other end of the phone, Zhao Yuming listened to Lin Xi's voice and couldn't help laughing and teasing: "What's the situation? You and your family haven't come home yet at night?"

Chu Muqing responded, "En."

Zhao Yuming laughed out loud: "Went outside to open a room?"

Chu Muqing was slightly startled and then asked calmly, "Is Professor Qin's interview going to be handed in tonight?"

Zhao Yuming brought the topic back to work again: "Yes, so you have to work overtime again but I will give you a general calculation today. Your commission this month is estimated to crush the entire department."

Chu Muqing responded and chatted with him a few more words about work and was about to hang up.

Zhao Yuming hurriedly called her again: "Mu Qing—"