"No," Lin Xi insisted: "Besides, it's inconvenient to hold the cub with your shoes, so you might fall with the cub, right?"

Chu Muqing couldn't resist her, so she had no choice but to take the umbrella that she handed over.

Lin Xi took the little guy at the same time carefully wrapped around her waist, her elbows stuck in her armpits, for fear that the little guy would be uncomfortable to be hugged.

Lin Xi remembered something and signaled to Chu Muqing, "I have a mobile phone in my pocket, can you take it out for me to pay I don't have a password."

"It has already been paid." Chu Muqing said in a low voice, "Let's go."

"Wait a minute." Lin Xi looked at her in embarrassment: "Chu Muqing..."

Chu Muqing raised her eyebrows: "Huh?"

"That..." Lin Xi blinked, then gestured to the big doll rabbit in the car looking at her apologetically: "Can you hold it?"

After a brief silence, Chu Muqing replied, "Yes."

Lin Xi felt a little guilty. She still remembered the rejection she showed in her body language when the little guy put this large doll rabbit next to Chu Muqing in the restaurant.

I can't wait to be 800 meters away from that big rabbit...

The subtext seems to be saying—

Go away, you ugly stupid bunny!

...

She doesn't seem to like such childish things but she can't just lose the big rabbit she has worked so hard to get with the game currency, right?

When Chu Muqing leaned down and came out with the big rabbit in the car Lin Xi thought it was funny.

She suppressed the secret smile in her heart and opened the other umbrella in her hand: "Let's go?"

Chu Muqing responded, "En."

It was very late, and in the dimly lit community, the sound of pattering rain could be heard in the ears.

Chu Muqing took the initiative to say, "Have you bought cigarettes today?"

Lin Xi was slightly startled, and turned her head to look at her: "What?"

"Recently, you don't have the smell of smoke anymore." Chu Muqing looked straight ahead and said softly, "Why?" (Special reminder: smoking is harmful to health)

Lin Xi frowned. It seemed that Chu Muqing knew about the fact that she was addicted to smoking.

There was a smile on her lips, and she answered lightly: "I don't smoke in the first place, there is no reason."

In fact, it was still difficult for her to control her craving for smoking. When she went to buy an umbrella, she looked at the cigarettes behind the cashier, and the thirst that came up in her throat was still uncontrollable.

In the past, she didn't understand why colleagues in the office who smoked would be resisted and resented by everyone or why they would stick to the habit of smoking.

Now she understands that some bad habits are easy to pick up, but quitting requires self-control that is difficult for ordinary people to achieve.

She didn't even say that to Chu Muqing for the sake of her children and she wasn't the kind of character who did something good and wanted to let the whole world know.

Under the bright street lights Chu Muqing could see Lin Xi's face clearly.

There was a bright light in her dark eyes, and her tone was full of sincerity, not like she was lying.