Mind Invader

3rd POV

Kane zips to Hajime uppercutting his stomach. Hajime gasps when Kane smites him into the building Aiko was held in. The building groans then falls on top of him. Kane's gaze remains fixed on the building when out of nowhere a bullet hits his jaw throwing it out of its socket.

Hajime: "You'll pay for that."

Kane rips his jaw back into place. Looking at Hajime he disappears. He then reappears delivering a right hook. Hajime holds up his robotic arm which emits a loud twang when struck. The sound ripples out dispersing all the clouds in the area.

Hajime: "Damn, that hurt a lot more than I thought it would. Guess this's you unleashed."

Kane uses his spare hand to grab Hajime's normal arm. He then spins cracking him like a whip. As he goes down a pop is heard. Hajime uses air step to catch himself. He resets his shoulder then reloads his guns.

Kane: "When will you just die?"

Hajime: "I ain't dying till you return to normal."

Kane aims his hand. A tsunami of fire is ejected heading right for Hajime. He uses his ring to summon four crosses. They combine and fire dispersing the sea of flames. He then sends the crosses out. They all fire at Kane who growls in annoyance.

He vanishes and reappears ripping one cross in half. A second cross fires hitting his back. Kane aims his hand destroying it with a fireball. The last two crosses cock putting Kane in their cross hairs. A storm of blasts hit him covering the area in smoke.

When the crosses cease fire a ring of fire soars slicing one cross into two. Kan zips to the last one crushing it in his hands. His eyes land on Hajime. Kane zips grabbing Hajime by his jaw. His arm ignites with the flames quickly making their way to Hajime. Before they can make contact a shout is heard.

Yue: "Ice coffin."

Ice surrounds Kane's arm ceasing his attack. 

Yue: "You oaky Hajime?"

Hajime: "Yeah. Where're the others?"

Cattleya: "Dealing with the demons invading the kingdom. So what's up with Kane?"

Hajime: "That demon from earlier made Kane switch sides. Now he's the enemy."

Cattleya: "You guys deal with the others. I can handle Kane."

Hajime: "I doubt that. I-"

Cattleya: "Relax. I can handle it."

They nod taking on Noit and Freid while Ehit stays behind.

Cattleya: "Kane my love. Do you recognize me?"

Kane: "Stand down woman."

Cattleya: "I know you're in there somewhere. So please come out. Come to me."

Ehit: "It's no use sweetheart. Kane's subconscious is being repressed."

Cattleya: "That means all I gotta do is unlock it."

Ehit: "Good luck. I'm the one keeping it locked up."

Cattleya smiles. Kane rushes in to kill her. She easily dodges grabbing Kane's cheeks. She then places her forehead on his as a light consumes the area. With Cattleya we see her floating through the black void of Kane's mind. She then comes to a lone door. Entering she finds a comatose Kane standing. 

Cattleya: "Found you."

She walks to him. Looking him over she sees him staring at the floor. She looks to see a projection of Kane's military life being played. 

Cattleya: "Kane. Cane you hear me? It's time to leave."

Kane: *monotone* "Look at it. Look at all the damage I caused. I'm a monster."

Cattleya: "You're not a monster. You're a good man."

Ehit: *disembodied* "Like I said it's no use. He's shackled to his past bad deeds. He's incapable of moving on."

Cattleya: "I will save him."

She looks into his dull eyes.

Cattleya: "I don't know of the things you've done. I have no doubt they're bad. But what's in the past should remain in the past. If we continue to stay there we'll be blind to the things that could happen in the future. We all make mistakes. That's what makes us human. But what we choose to do with them shows us who we really are. We're either the ones who embrace them and try to be better. Or we're the ones who ignore them and continue to make more. You're a good man Kane. So good that you got a literal demon to come to the light. A demon that wants to grow old with and have a family you. A demon who really wants you back."

She finishes her speech with a kiss on his lips.