New Companion

Kane POV

Myu: "Please Papa!!!"

Tears begin brewing. But I do what I was told so long ago. I close my heart.

Kane: "Goodbye kid."

I finally walk away as Myu keeps crying out for me. As I walk I replay Myu's voice, hearing the fear and sadness in it.

Kane: "I'm sorry kid. But I can't bear losing another child."

I pass by a tavern when the ground rumbles in an explosion. I look back seeing an explosion where I left Myu. My anger rises as I blast off. Landing and heading inside I see the place in pieces with bodies laying around. I then spot writing on the wall. 

Kane: "If you don't want the mermaid to die, meet us in the town theater. Come alone."

My knuckles turn white as they shake in fury. They'll pay for what they've done. My anger boils over making a consider amount of my power burst free.

3rd POV

In a scream of anger Kane bursts through the roof. He then zips away as a bolt of fire. With Myu we see her being contained in a large glass. She holds her knees to her chest when a man in a white fur coat kicks the glass.

Man: "Don't just sit there. Cry! Scream! Put us on a show!"

Suddenly a loud bang is heard. The building then shakes.

Man: "What the hell was that!?!"

He looks at his men. They're violently yanked into the shadows screaming only to be quickly shut up. The man turns only to keep seeing his men get yanked away.

Man: "Come out and face me like a man!"

Voice: "You're idiotic for thinking you're a man."

A chill runs down the man's spine at hearing that voice. It's so deep and distorted it's not like anything of this world. 

Man: "Show yourself freak!!!"

Voice: "Myu, look away."

She shuts her eyes shielding her from what's about to happen. The sound of heavy footsteps fill the air coming closer to the man. He turns to the shadows where the footsteps are coming from. It's there all the vigor leaves him. Coming out of the dark is a seven foot tall otherworldly being. 

Its flesh is black as the night. It has two empty slots where its eyes are which burn yellow. It has horns protruding out of its shoulders and forearms. Its fingers extend to long razor sharp claws. Finally atop its head is a flaming crown.

Man: "D-d-d-d-d-d-demon!!!!!"

He flees as fast as he can. But the being holds out its hand. A javelin made of fire is launched hitting the man in his back. His body then bursts into flames leaving behind an explosion mark.

Myu POV

The glass I'm in shatters. I slightly slide when I feel a pair of arms wrap around me. I open them to see the man who saved me.

Kane POV

Myu: "You saved me."

Kane: "I couldn't stand leaving you behind."

She smiles.

Kane: "Now I need you to close your eyes again. I'll let you know when you can open them."

She nods laying her face on my shirt. I turn and walk past the carnage I caused. When I exit the theater I look down at Myu.

Kane: "You can open them now."

She does as the others finally arrive.

Hajime: "What'd we miss?"

Kane: "Quite a lot actually."

I look at Shea to see her avoiding eye contact. I set Myu down and walk to her. I then pull her into a hug which surprises her.

Kane: "I'm sorry for what I said earlier. I was angry and took it out on you. I know I don't deserve it, but will you forgive me?"

She smiles returning the hug.

Shea: "Water under the bridge."

Tio: "So Kane, who's this cutie patootie?"

Myu: "I'm Myu."

Hajime: "Nice to meet you."

Yue: "What's you relation to Kane?"

She looks at me smiling.

Myu: "He's my Papa!!!"

They all look at me.

Everyone: "What!?!"

Kane: "Calm down! She's not my kid!"

Tears begin to drench Myu's cheeks.

Myu: "Papa doesn't love me!"

I kneel down grabbing her shoulder.

Kane: "Of course he does. He's just weirded out by you calling him that."

Yue: "Softie."

Kane: "Shut up!"