Going Down

Kane POV

Hajime: "What do you mean we?"

Kane: "I mean, me and you are gonna escape together."

Hajime: "Why're you tagging along?"

Kane: "Because if it wasn't for me you'd had died."

He rubs the back of his head.

Hajime: "Right, forgot."

Kane: "Besides. I think it's about time I left this place."

Hajime: "Wait. How come you never left till just now?"

I hesitate.

Kane: "I don't know. Maybe after spending over fifty years down here I figured I overstayed my welcome."

Hajime: "If it's been that long then don't this place feel like home?"

Kane: "At one point. But there comes a point where a baby bird's gotta leave the nest. Besides, you'll need my help clearing out the rest of this labyrinth."

Hajime: "Suppose it wouldn't help to have an extra hand. Welcome aboard."

I smile. An hour later we begin making our way further down the labyrinth.

*timeskip presented by Hajime fighting monsters while Kane reads comics*

We finally pass the current level heading down a long flight of stairs.

Hajime: "What happened to all that talk about helping me clear out the labyrinth?"

Kane: "Haven't you ever heard of rule fifty three of the battle code? Pick fights wisely so you're not wasting energy."

Hajime: "Pretty sure that doesn't exist."

Kane: "How would you know? You've never seen it."

Hajime: "And you have?"

Kane: "Maybe."

He rolls his eyes. I then spot something dead ahead.

Kane: "What's that?"

He looks to spot two giant stone doors with two giant statues guarding them. We walk to the doors which Hajime looks over.

Hajime: "I've got nothing. I've read at the castle, but don't remember seeing anything like this."

Kane: "Maybe it's undiscovered."

Hajime: "Maybe. I'll use transmute to see if it does anything."

He places his hand on the triangle design. A circle appears on his hand which makes the doors sparkle with lightning. The giant statues then break apart revealing a red and blue monster.

Hajime: "Booby trap, great. How you wanna do this?"

Kane: "You take Sarge while I take Caboose."

Hajime: "Sounds like a plan."

We jump each taking on our opponent. Blue brings his fist down on me. I vanish appearing on his shoulder.

Kane: "Gonna need to try harder than that."

Blue roars trying to crush me. I vanish again appearing at his feet. He goes to step on me. I however catch his foot. 

Kane: "You're one heavy mother fucka."

He roars applying pressure. I punch his foot knocking him on his back. Getting on his chest I raise my hand igniting it. I slam into on his chest only to be met with a type of shield.

Kane: "Great, defense magic."

Blue swats me away. I slam into the cave wall severely embedding myself.

Hajime: "Hey, now's not the time to take a nap."

Kane: "Oh shut the fuck up."

I blast myself free rocketing towards blue. He brings his arms together blocking his face. I smile surrounding my body in flames. My speed jumps to a hundred as I now whistle while traveling. Like a bullet I dive right through blue's defense magic shattering his shield. 

I keep my momentum going through his face and exiting out the back of his head. He emits a gurgled roar before falling over dead. I stretch my arm when I hear another thud. Looking I see red dead on the floor. I join up with Hajime.

Kane: "Is it just me or did these guys feel weak?"

Hajime: "Yeah, they felt easy. Now how are we gonna open the door?"

I look at my hand seeing a red ball.

Hajime: "What's that?"

Kane: "Don't know. Kinda grabbed it as I was going through blue's head."

I walk to the door. I put the ball near one of the slots. Lightning connects it as the ball is yanked into the slot.

Kane: "Hajime, do what I just did."

He does just that. When the second ball is locked in the door opens. We then walk through.

Kane: "Kinda dark in here."

Right on cue tiny specks of light illuminate the room. We then see a massive yellow cube just floating and spinning x. Looking up again we see green vines retracting as the tops of pillars ignite further lighting the room. Looking back at the cube we see blonde haired girl.