Leaving Erisen

Kane POV

I sit in silence. Looking up I see Myu just staring at the floor. I break the silence.

Kane: "Myu, please say some-"

She hops off the couch wrapping her arms around my waist. She looks up at me with tears drenching her cheeks.

Myu: "Please don't go Papa."

Kane: "I'm sorry but, I got to. Our journey..."

Myu: "I'm begging you Papa. Don't leave me."

I pull her into a hug.

Kane: "I'm never gonna leave you kid. Don't ever think I will."

Myu: "Then why are you leaving now?"

I match our eyes.

Kane: "I promise Myu. As soon as our mission is over I'll be here to pick you up."

Myu: "Promise?"

Kane: "I promise."

She holds out her hand.

Myu: "Pinky promise."

I lock my pinky with hers.

Myu: "Now you can't break this promise."

Kane: "I never intend to."

The next day I stand on the dock as the others load up onto the sub. I then feel a tug on my leg. Turning I kneel down to Myu's level.

Myu: "I made this for you."

I hold out my hand. She places a seashell in it.

Kane: "It's very beautiful."

Myu: "Keep it safe okay?"

Kane: "I will."

Hajime: "Kane, come on. We're burning daylight."

Kane: "I'm coming. I gotta go now."

Myu hugs me.

Myu: "Don't forget your promise."

I return her hug.

Kane: "I won't."

We let go as I jump into the sub. We begin pulling away when I hear shouting.

Myu: "I love you Papa!!!!"

Kane: "I love you too!!!"

A couple days later I poke my head through the sun roof of the brise.

Kane: "Heads up."

They look spotting what I did.

Shea: "Are those people under attack?"

Hajime: "Looks to be around forty or so bandits, facing maybe fifteen guards. I'm impressed they've held their ground being so outnumbered."

Yue: "That barrier ain't bad."

Shea: "I see. They need to break it down to get through. The bandits can't do anything if the guards shoot magic through the barrier. So why aren't the bandits retreating?"

Cattleya: "Because nobody can maintain a barrier that big for long. Therefore all the bandits have to do is just wait it out."

We look seeing the barrier burn away.

Kaori: "We've gotta do something."

Cattleya: "Allow me."

She aims her hand. This makes the ground devour all of the bandits.

Kaori: "Remind me to never make you angry."

Hajime slides to a stop as we exit the vehicle. When we do Kaori and I set to work on healing anyone that's injured. I cauterize a lady's wound when I hear Kaori speak.

Kaori: "I knew it was you Lily."

We finish helping everyone to their feet.

Kaori: "I thought I recognized that barrier. I had no idea why you would be out here but I wasn't sure."

Lily: "Seems lady luck hasn't abandoned me yet."

Kane: "Don't count on her always being there."

She looks at me.

Lily: "So you're the great fire king."

Kane: "Fire king?"

Lily: "Tales of a powerful fire user swept through the land. It was said you could level mountains and conjure flames with intensity comparable to the sun."

Kane: "Not to toot my own horn."

Hajime: "So what the heck are you doing out here?"

Lily: "Miss Aiko was kidnapped."

They others display shock.

Kane: "Who the hell's miss Aiko?"

Yue: "She's the lady you kept calling old."

Kane: "Ah."

We load her into the car and drive down the road.

Lily: "For a while now I've felt something was wrong with the people at the castle. Father's support of the Holy Church was growing more radical each day and his worship of Lord Ehit was nothing short of feverish. At first I thought he was just trying to deepen his bond with the church. But I still couldn't help but feel that something was wrong. It was then that knights and soldiers began to appear lethargic, as if suffering from some disease. The branding of Hajime as a heretic was also suspicious. Yours and your friend's efforts at the town of Ur and the Great Orcus Labyrinth were ignored. As well as Aiko's objections and arguments. I objected to my father as well. But that didn't change anything. So I went to miss Aiko for advice. But she was kidnapped by a nun from the Divine Mountain."