100th Floor

Kane POV

I mindlessly walk towards the monster.

Hajime: "What the hell you doing Kane!?!"

I stand before Yue who has a look of sadness on her face. I look at the monster as it lets go of Yue. I then place my hands on Yue's head.

Yue: "What're you doing?"

Kane: "Relax and play dead."

I swivel Yue's head while making my knuckle pop as loud as it can. Yue falls to the ground not moving.

Hajime: "What've you done!?!"

Kane: "Created an opening."

He smiles seeing Yue wink. He then aims his gun.

Hajime: "I'll have to thank you later."

He pulls the trigger sending a bullet through the monster's head. With that the flower on Yue's head withers falling off. 

Hajime: "Nice job."

Kane: "Thanks."

We both look at Yue who has a slightly angered look on her face.

Kane: "What?"

Yue: "You scared me. You need to pay."

Hajime: "Sucks to be you."

Kane: "Shut up."

*timeskip presented by Yue beating Kane while Hajime laughs*

We walk down a revealed flight of stairs. After reaching the bottom we try to navigate through a literal catacomb of twists and turns.

Yue: "Feels like we're being more careful than usual."

Hajime: "Well yeah. The monsters get stronger the further down you go. And it feels like we're heading for a big boss."

We keep walking before spotting a giant set of doors.

Hajime: "If there's a boss, it's behind those doors. Any of you scared?"

Kane: "Hell nah. I want a challenge."

Yue: "Nope. As long as I'm with you two."

Hajime: "Then let's do it."

He pushes open the doors revealing a room with floating crystals.

Hajime: "Woah."

We enter the room.

Kane: "Found a door."

They spot it as well.

Hajime: "That means we're one step closer to getting back to the surface."

Kane: "Then let's not waste anymore time."

We head for the door. Suddenly the entire room begins to shake. A circle then forms as a massive hydra looking animal appears . Hajime fires his gun while Yue dodges boomerangs of light fired by one of the heads before launching icicles . Meanwhile I launch fireballs at the heads. All of our attacks taking out several heads. The white one then roars healing the hydra fully.

Hajime: "Great, the white one heals. In that case... you're first!!!"

Hajime and Yue launch an attack that heads right for the white head. However a yellow head gets in the way taking the hit.

Hajime: "Yellow's on defense. One attacks, one heals and one defends. You're pretty well rounded."

Kane: "Doesn't matter. It'll die just the same!"

I launch myself at the hydra. A black head gets in my way as its eyes shine. The world goes black as I hear only screaming. Gunfire and explosions then take its place as bodies litter the ground. I look to see that they're all my enemies. I look at my hands to see them coated in blood. I clench them screaming into the air.

Kane: "I know what I did. It haunts me everyday!!!!"

I scream in anger shattering the illusion. I look around to see the Hydra with only its white head remaining. It opens its mouth firing a massive beam. I follow its trajectory to see it heading for Hajime and Yue. I bolt towards them.

Kane: "Look out!!!!"

I manage to get in front of them as the blast finally arrives at its target. My body is lit up with pain as it consumes my entire being. The world then goes up in light. When it subsides I lower my arms as blood leaks off them onto the ground. 

Kane: "You guys okay?"

I look over my shoulder. There I see Yue holding Hajime who's missing his right eye. I look back at the hydra who hisses in a mocking tone. 

Kane: "Yue."

Yue: "Yes?"

Kane: "I want you to take Hajime and get somewhere safe. And no matter what you hear, don't look. I'll take care of everything."

Yue: "Don't be suicidal, you're hurt far too badly! You'll only get yourself killed!"

Kane: "Don't worry about me kid. Just get the hell outta here."

Yue: "But-"

Kane: *angry* "Now."

She nods dragging Hajime to safety. I match eyes with the hydra.

Kane: "Just me and you now."

It hisses in anger. I then slightly smile taking to myself.

Kane: "Well Kane old boy, looks like it's time to let Jack out of the box."

I close my eyes focusing.