Freid Bagwa

Kane POV

We go through the obvious entrance to the volcano. Some twists and turns later we walk down a long shaft with lava everywhere.

Shea: "It's so hot."

Yue: "Agreed. Feels like I'm gonna melt from the steam alone."

Kane: "I don't know. Feels kinda nice."

Hajime: "Explain why you're in your underwear then."

Kane: "Steam opens your pores allowing your skin to cleanse. Plus the steam loosens up your muscles just like a sauna."

Tio: "I see what you mean. My body feels so light now."

Cattleya: "It's like my stress is melting away."

Yue: "Great, we have three strippers now."

Kane: "You guys should give it a try."

They voice a forceful no. A roar then echoes out. We look at the source.

Yue: "Joy, a lava hound."

Hajime: "Let's kill it."

Kane: "Careful. It might split into smaller versions."

Without thinking twice Hajime shoots it dead. Thankfully nothing happens.

Kane: "I hate to say this but, I was kinda hoping it'd split."

Hajime: "Stay on your toes. I doubt that's the monster we'll encounter. Let's get back on track with our mission."

*timeskip presented by the heroes heading deeper into the volacno*

After finding a large supply of stillstone and an iffy boat ride we arrive on a sea of lava.

Yue: "Hey, what's that?"

We follow her finger to find a dome like structure.

Hajime: "That must be the liberator's hideout. There's gems embedded in the walls. Accounting for the ones we can't see. I'd hazard a guess and say there's about a hundred gems total. I would also guess that we're about to have company."

Tio: "You mean the final guardian could be down here?"

Shea: "The lava river did seem like a shortcut right to here. So maybe we skipped right past the final guardian."

She jinxes us as dozens of fireballs head for us. Leaping to safety we find ourselves surrounded by lava snakes.

Hajime: "I think it's safe to say we didn't bypass the final guardian."

Kane: "Which means to get inside the hideout we need to take all these snakes out."

Shea: "But how can we take them down?"

Kane: "I've got a plan."

Hajime: "You mean you can take them down?"

Kane: "Yeah, and all in one shot too. It's just gonna cost me."

Hajime: "Just do what you gotta do."

Kane: "You should all get to safety."

They nod as Hajime uses transmute to create a dome around everyone. Now safe I sigh to myself.

Kane: "I'm gonna fell this in the morning."

I clench my fists as all the lava snakes zoom in on me.

Kane: "Supernova."

My power explodes outwards sending flames everywhere. The snakes hiss before being obliterated. The flames continue to ravage the place causing nothing but destruction. After nearly a minute I fall to my knee as the flames finally die down. Hajime and the others join me.

Hajime: "The hell was that?"

Kane: "My secret move."

Cattleya: "Are you injured?"

Kane: "I'm pretty drained. It'll take some time to recharge."

Hajime: "Then let's hurry this up so you can rest."

Out of the blue a blue beam comes down on us. I use what little fire I have left to push everyone out of the way. This leaves me to take the full brunt of the attack. Upon contact pain courses throughout my entire body. The attack fades as I hear a voice.

Man: "You're more resilient than I gave you credit for."

I faintly look up to see a man riding a small white dragon.

Cattleya: "Freid, what're you doing here?"

Freid: "My dear sweet Cattleya. How far you've fallen. Siding with the enemy."

Yue: "Tell us why you're here."

Freid: "Your dying friend over there holds a special role for my God. Therefore it is my duty to ensure that he plays his part."

I get to my feet.

Kane: "I won't be someone's pawn."

Freid: "You've got spirit. Good."

He vanishes then reappears right in front of me. He then plunges his hand through my chest grabbing ahold of my heart. While he does I receive this burning sensation, like my heart's on fire.

Freid: "The endgame has begun."

I pass out with the last thing I hear are the others screaming my name.