Underwater Labyrinth

Kane POV

I open my eyes to the sound of commotion. Heading out of my room in the sub I see that we just landed in a pool of water.

Kane: "What happened?"

Cattleya: "We fell through a tunnel and ended up here."

We hop out of the sub and explore the cave. Along the way we fight some monsters which barely prove a challenge. Eventually we come to an open area. Something then hits my back. Pain hits me in the shape of a burning sensation.

Kane: "Ow."

I turn seeing a blob of slime. 

Tio: "Don't move."

She uses a small stream of fire to burn the slime.

Hajime: "More incoming."

Yue deploys a barrier that shields us from multiple streams of those slime attacks. I smile when the slime begins to burn through the barrier.

Yue: "Don't tell me they can melt through magic."

Kane: "Not good."

We look to see the slimes combining into a giant slime monster.

Hajime: "Now this is what I call a challenge."

I use bolts of fire that hit the slime as the others fire at it. Our attacks combine blowing the creature up.

Shea: "We did it."

Hajime: "It ain't over yet."

The slime creature reforms more angry. 

Tio: "We can't let it regenerate forever."

Cattleya: "Where's this thing's mana crystal?"

Hajime: "It doesn't have one."

Shea: "No mana crystal?"

Hajime: "What I'm seeing is it's red and black colored all over. It's as if its whole body is one massive mana crystal."

The others become nervous when I look down. It's there I see the water funneling downwards like a drain.

Kane: "Hold onto something."

I make a mini sun in my hands. Slamming it down the ground is obliterated sending us down. We're violently sent through a current that leads us to several holes. As I float through the current I see Cattleya slam her head onto the rock knocking her out. 

I blast myself after her. Right as I catch her we are ejected out of the water like a geyser. I look in my arms to see Cattleya still passed out. I then place my ear to her chest to not hear a heartbeat. 

Kane: "Crap. Not good."

I place my hands on her chest and pump. After a certain number of pumps I give her mouth to mouth. 

Kane: "Come on Cattleya, wake up."

I once more give her mouth to mouth. As I do hands grip my head pulling me deeper into the kiss. I break it to find a smile on Cattleya's face.

Kane: "Really?"

Cattleya: "What? The moment was right."

Kane: "I thought you died."

Cattleya: "It'll take more than that to kill me."

Kane: "That's my line."

I help her to her feet. We both then look around our surroundings. 

Cattleya: "Where the heck are we?"

Kane: "No idea. We just got ejected to some place random."

Cattleya: "Suppose we should try to find a way back to the others."

Kane: "You may be right."

We head off the beach area and walk through a jungle like area.

Cattleya: "It's amazing to think we were just in an underwater cave. Now we're on what I'd call an island resort."

Kane: "No kidding. Talk about a one eighty."

We walk some more when the scenery changes. Looking around I see only a battlefield. I then hear clear sounds of fighting. Turning my sight upwards I see two figures fighting. Their faces are clouded by shadows making identifying them impossible. Through their fighting I hear a faint voice.

Voice: "Head... north."

Cattleya: "Kane!"

The scene disappears as I see Cattleya snapping her fingers.

Cattleya: "I called your name three times. You okay?"

Kane: "Yeah. Just got lost in thought."

Cattleya: "Well anyway, let's keep going."