Payback

Kane POV

Hajime: "I look like a demon."

Kane: "That's one way to describe it."

Hajime: "What even did you feed me?"

Kane: "Monster meat."

Hajime: "You mean to tell me I ate a monster!?!"

Kane: "Yes, no need to thank me."

Hajime: "Thank you!?!"

Kane: "You're welcome."

He sigh face palming. He then checks a metal card.

Hajime: "Look at that. I got some new skills."

He puts away his card and holds out his hand. Lightning then surges in his hand.

Hajime: "How?"

Kane: "You eat the monster. This gave you the ability to use its skills."

Hajime: "How do you know all of this?"

Kane: "Because I did the same thing. Except it wasn't a monster."

Hajime: "What was it?"

Kane: "Some asshole claiming to be a demon. Fucker tasted like hot garbage. But oh well, his flesh kept me alive."

Hajime: "Is it just you down here?"

Kane: "Aside from you, there's Sans over there."

I point over my shoulder. Hajime leans spotting the humanish skull with two horns spiraling out the sides. I then look at Sans.

Kane: "For the last time, he had it coming. It was me or him."

Hajime: "Are you mental?"

Kane: "Possibly. Been down for decades apparently. With only Sans and my thoughts. By the way, there's aren't any women down here. Makes a man real itchy."

I make the boob honking gestures. This makes Hajime scoot away from me.

Hajime: "I'm straight."

Kane: "So's spaghetti till it gets wet."

Hajime: "What's that supposed to mean?"

Kane: "It only takes the right amount of horny to change one's preference."

I scoot closer causing Hajime to hit his back against the wall.

Hajime: "Stay away, I mean it. I'll zap you."

Kane: "Relax. I don't swing that way... anymore."

Hajime: "What?"

Kane: "Kidding... possibly. Anyways. Now that you have some power it's time you learned how to use it."

Hajime: "Huh?"

Kane: "You wanna get outta here right?"

Hajime: "Yeah."

Kane: "Then train and make it happen."

*timeskip presented by Hajime training while Kane has a tea party with Sans the skull*

I wake up to the sound of something clicking. Looking I see Hajime somehow loading a revolver.

Kane: "How the heck did you make that?"

Hajime: "I used my transmute skill to mold some Taur Stone. Then with some Blast Rock powder and Lightning Field I made Donner here."

Kane: "Not bad. What're you gonna do now?"

He looks at his arm.

Hajime: "Pay an old friend a visit."

Kane: "Lead the way."

Hajime: "You're coming?"

Kane: "I wanna see this gun of yours in action."

He nods walking away. A minute later we encounter a white bear.

Kane: "So what's the story between you two lovers?"

Hajime: "When we met it took and ate my arm."

Kane: "Yeah wives tend to take what's yours. What're you gonna do?"

Hajime: "Give it a taste of its own medicine."

He hops down firing at the bear. It swipes at him but he uses a rabbit's quick step to dodge. He jumps into the air dodging another slash. While still in the air the bear launches yet another slash hitting and robbing him of his gun.

Kane: "You're not doing so hot."

He tosses a flashbang which goes off blinding the bear. Going back for his gun he fires a bullet. It rips through the air taking off the bear's left arm. Hajime then munches down on the arm. The bear roars in anger when Hajime places his hand on a trail of the bear's blood.

Hajime: "You're finished."

He uses the lightning field skill. Lightning courses through the river of blood heading for the bear. It finally gets hit electrocuting it. It falls on its ass where Hajime puts a bullet between its eyes. It falls over dead as I join Hajime.

Kane: "Not bad kid."

Hajime: "Thanks. Time to feast."

We sit around a fire.

Hajime: "Looks like the bear's meat ain't gonna level me up any further. Guess that means it's time to move on."

Kane: "Yeah, time we escaped."

Hajime: "We?"

Kane: "Yeah, we."