Battling The Slime

Kane POV

After over an hour of walking the sky darkens. Rain then falls.

Cattleya: "How's it raining underground?"

Kane: "I don't care, let's just get somewhere dry."

Cattleya: "There's a cave."

We run inside taking shelter. Once inside I make a small fire to keep us warm.

Kane: "How long you think it'll take for this rain to go away?"

Cattleya: "No clue. But we might as well get comfy."

She takes a seat next to me. She then leans onto my chest.

Cattleya: "Hey Kane, Can I ask you something?"

Kane: "Of course."

Cattleya: "What's going on in that head of yours? I mean how come you were quiet the entire way?"

I sigh.

Kane: "You ever feel like you're being driven somewhere? Like something is telling you to go somewhere?"

Cattleya: "You mean destiny?"

Kane: "I think? I don't know."

Cattleya: "Explain it."

Kane: "When we were walking I saw a vision of sorts. It was two people fighting. I couldn't see their face tough. After that I heard a voice that told me to head north. And even before that I had this sensation of something pulling me somewhere. I don't know what it is, I fear it's something bad."

She holds my hand.

Cattleya: "Our life isn't predetermined. We decide how it plays out. Don't let this so called feeling tell you otherwise."

I smile and give her a kiss. As we part we find ourselves on a stone platform.

Hajime: "There you guys are."

We stand as he and the others join us. We then walk to the center. There a magic circle glows under us. Once it fades a pedestal rises outta the ground. On it is a single coin like object. Hajime grabs it looking it over.

Hajime: "The proof of conquest."

Shea: "Now we have four of them. We can take on the labyrinth at the Sea of Trees."

The place begins to rumble. The water then rises forcing Yue to use a portal to teleport us somewhere.

Hajime: "Where are we?"

A massive wave submerges us in water. Looking forward we see that slime monster from before.

Kaori: "Not only is it unkillable but can also control the sea? What're we supposed to do?"

Hajime: "I've got it."

Yue: "You've got a plan?"

Hajime: "Yeah. I just need time."

Kane: "How much?"

Hajime: "Three minutes."

I nod rocketing out of the air bubble. I launch a fireball at the slime monster driving a hole through it. It screeches sending out several tendrils at me. I zip away doing several ninety degree turns to avoid the tendrils. Doing one more I blast myself through the slime monster's chest.

Hajime: "Ready."

I blast upwards and watch as several torpedoes impale the slime monster. They then go off blasting the slime to oblivion. When the smoke clears we head back to Erisen. The next day I open my eyes and look to my side to see a naked Cattleya clinging to my arm. She yawns matching her eyes with mine.

Cattleya: "Good morning."

Kane: "Pleasant dream?"

She smiles tightening her grip on my arm.

Cattleya: "Very."

She looks at me with a gleam in her eye.

Cattleya: "It was so pleasant that I wanna make it come true."

She tackles me kissing me wildly.

Kane: "Down Cattleya, not this early!!!!"

Cattleya: "Shhh, you'll wake the others. On second thought, let them hear~"

Kane: "Mother!"

The door blows open making Cattleya return to normal. Myu then jumps onto my lap.

Myu: "Morning Papa, Mama!"

Kane: "Morning."

Myu: "Why're there lip marks all over you?"

I narrow my gaze on Cattleya. She only smiles deviously.

Kane: "What is it you wanted?"

Myu: "I was told to come wake you guys up because breakfast is ready."

Cattleya: "We'll be right down."

Myu hops off the bed.

Myu: "Hurry. Or all the good stuff will be eaten."

She runs downstairs. Cattleya gets out of bed putting her nude body on full display.

Cattleya: "I will finish what I started. And I'll make sure no one interrupts us~"

She turns and walks to the bathroom. I look down to see her swaying her hips as she walks.

Kane: "That woman just might be the death of me."