Chapter 57

"Seems like the Mighty Tigers are winning for the second time!!!" the emcee screamed as I kept my wide eyes locked on Nate as he ran around with sweat pouring down his head. I'm struggling to cheer both Peter and Nate at the same time. Luckily, Shane and Charlie are here with me. But Charlie is cheering for her boyfriend, Chance. While Shane barely pays attention.

I almost couldn't hear the emcee because of the loud noise coming from the immense crowd. Shows like this are not my thing and I might not be even here if Nate didn't ask me to cheer for him. Which I don't think I'm doing by now. Last week, I thought it was unfair if Peter and Shane know Nate stays in my room, so I made Charlie know the same thing, but still didn't let her know she was the last to figure it out. I didn't want her to be jealous.

"I have a strong doubt something bad will happen to Peter if he loses today," Shane whispers to my ear.

Right.

Peter.

I know I'm here to support Nate as he asked me to, but I can't afford to know that my best friend would lose together with the consequence of it which I can't even imagine.

"Girl! Your boy is winning," I almost spat the Coca-Cola I was drinking after hearing Charlie's statement.

"What the heck?"

"I mean Nate..."

"Okay, but he's not my boy," she laughed hard after hearing me whisper.

"Really? After he drove you to school several times, after he said sorry to you not just once but too many times, and thanked you for such a small thing then invite you to cheer him up in his game? How can he be not your boy?" She chuckles while her words slowly and gently sank to the innermost part of my brain. She's right. And I know it.

"And Nate Maddox shoots it in! Three points!" The crowd behind me screamed and yelled. The sound was too deafening.

"The Mighty Tigers won again! We have a winner!" This is it. The end of the game. I found myself standing up and clapping my hands and screaming though I knew my best friend lost. The boys in red jerseys got out of the way including Peter who sat down on one of the chairs and looked at the ground.

I want to go to him, and hug him tight because I know what will happen next later if his dad finds out. But my mind stopped me and my heart kept on cheering for Nate as his teammates in white jerseys carried him while he held up high the trophy. I smiled and watch him smile back at me once when he saw me through the huge crowd. Both Charlie and Shane and everyone else in the room frowned when he got down and ran.

I know where he's going and it's pretty obvious but I don't want to think about it. The time went faster than a tornado but for me, everything was in slow motion when he began running towards me and made his way to the bunch of standing people.

I felt everyone's eyes on me when they noticed where he was running, the path, and the way leading to no one else. My feet began moving by themselves without the permission of my mind and I don't think my mind is awake right now. I walked towards him slowly while he ran.

Is this what they call excitement for someone you love? I can't deny it anymore. The feeling I get when I'm with him which I don't get with anyone else. It's new, it's unusual, and shouldn't be felt.

I felt the pressure of the air when he lifted me. Seeing the smile on his face while hearing everyone else in the room gasp, makes me want to close my eyes and stay here forever.

I always hid from myself what I want and what I truly feel.

I've always been lying and cheating on myself.

So for once and for all, this time, I want to be true, I want to showcase what I feel and express the electrical love nerves that keep me alive.

My eyes were locked on his caramel-honey ones. I gently rubbed his cheek and smiled. I shouldn't be doing this, I know but I can't stop now, I can't move now that my eyes are locked on him.

"I love you, Britney Dean. Even if it's wrong, even if I shouldn't, even if they say that we can't, I love you, I do..." he whispers, sending goosebumps all over my body. "I always have been hiding this feeling, and now I want to be true to you, I love you," he repeats.

Three words, eight letters.

Letters I wanted to hear from him ever since I realized that I am slowly falling for him. Falling for my bad boy cousin. "I love you too, though it's wrong and though we can't," I smiled and leaned forward to let his red and glossy lips brush my forehead. Then hugged him.

His strong scent was too good to be true and this feeling I've got, it's indescribable. And this moment is unbelievable. Maybe I'm living a fantasy because so far, I don't believe in happy endings but right now, here I am with him.

The man I never expected I would be with.

I guess they were right, people fall in love with the people they don't expect to.

I found Peter staring at me without any emotion but my heart broke the time I saw teardrops drip down from his blue eyes. Love and pain at the same time.

I watched him sob as he watched me hug Nate. I know how he's feeling. I've noticed, figured out, found out, and seen it before but I ignored it.

"I love you so much more than anything in the world, Britney..." I heard him repeating his words as I discounted the people watching us and murmuring as if we were the only ones in there.

Author's Note:

This. Is. It.

OMG!!! Happy ending? Or not? But right now, I'm so happy for Nate and Britney!!! They finally confessed their love to each other. But Peter's hurt ouch.

I love peter so much huhuhu and it breaks my heart to know that he isn't alright seeing our protagonists together. This is pain.

Stay tuned because this is not the end yet.

Spoilers ahead, watch out!

Someone will be more hurt in the next chapter.

Love you all so much!!!

>333333 chain!

See you next time! Mwuah!