Chapter 7

"Actually, no. I guess you're wrong," he stated, which interrupted my smirks and slight laughter. Maybe it's in our genes. This guy knows how to play the game. Of course he does. He's a want-to-be-bad-boy. I leaned at the back of the revolving chair and span it around one more time. "Oh, let me guess again, bullying someone to show to your friends and your girlfriend that you are cool?" He stopped smiling.

The smile on his face vanished just after he looked at the ground, acting so embarrassed. I know what this means. Good job, Britney! I annoyed him again. I rarely do this, but when he annoys me, I annoy him back. As his cousin, I know his strengths and weaknesses, so I know when and how to attack him. He hates being embarrassed, especially in front of his friends.

And with his girlfriend, perhaps. He flirts with every single girl in the school. Even with the nerds, but never with me. I bet he knows how many bruises he would get once he tries to ask me out. One thing we have in common is that we both don't want anyone on campus to know that we are cousins.

He wants to keep his so-called cool reputation, so he doesn't want to be friends with a smart girl like me. Just the same with me, I don't want people to know that he's my cousin because I want to keep my good girl reputation. I don't want people to know that my cousin is a bad boy here in school.

"Turns out that I am right. Am I? You can't deny it anymore, Nathan," he looked straight into my eyes.

"Don't call me that," he started and held his eyes away from the floor.

"Why shouldn't I?"

"Because we are not friends, only my close friends can call me that way,"

"Nathan"

"Nathan"

"Nathan"

"Nathan"

"Nathan"

I repeated his name over and over again, just to insult him because, in the first place, I knew he doesn't like being called Nathan by people who aren't close to him so I found out it was a good way to insult him. Hopefully, that doesn't bring me to detention like him.

"Stop!" I did the opposite,

"Nathan"

"Nathan"

"Nat-" for the third one, he didn't let me finish.

"I said stop Britney! Stop! Shut up!" He screamed out loud. Just enough to make me jump off my feet.

"Why should I?"

"Because I want you to you got that?" He stood up.

His voice was undeniably loud. "Calm down bro," I mentioned as he slowly got back to reality and realized what he was doing. I didn't know a devil could be calm. He sat down slowly. Step by step. He looked away and pretended to be observed around the office as I just watched him act like it is his first time here though I know he comes here every day for detention.

"So, what brings Miss Good Girl here?" I rolled my eyes. He probably thinks that I am here for detention like him.

"As usual I am here to take over Ms. Puff's office since she's out for lunch. This means that I would be the one to take care of you today," I have been here several times before but this is truly my first time to see him here even if a lot of times before, I saw teachers asking him to go to detention.

"Wait, what?" His eyes widened. Wide enough to see every pore on my face.

His brown eyes met mine as his jaw slowly drops.

"Yeah, you heard me. So was I right? You were sent here because of bullying a classmate? I knew it!" I said playfully but he didn't say a word next to that. Instead, he just sat properly on his chair and looked disappointed. I knew he won't speak anymore. That's what he does when he's annoyed. And it's the reason I like annoying him, he doesn't speak.

"So, what do we got here?" I said teasingly after opening the small booklet which had a few lists of things that are meant to be done by students sent to detention. "Ohhh, interesting!" I said with a devilish smirk to make him nervous though the first page was empty.

I turned to the other page. I saw how every sweat came dripping down his skin. "Painting the school? That sounds fun," I said to make him nervous even if it was not written on the page. He looked away and acted cool. He started to whistle. It was annoying because he's not a good whistler.

"Could you please stop? Or else I would make you whistle for the music club," I warned and lowered down the book.

"That sounds fun," he flirtingly winked at me as if I was one of the girls who would rather die just to get his attention. "Hey! Always remember that with only one wrong move, auntie Edna could know what you are doing here so be careful especially when it comes to me." I winked back.

"What if she doesn't have to? She won't know as long as you shut your mouth," he leaned closer to me and placed his arms on top of the table. We were just inches apart from each other and this isn't new to me. Our faces have been close to each other several times in some family gatherings and reunion games. Dirty ones to be honest.

I leaned closer to him too, trying to play his game. "What if I don't?" He smirked, this time, brighter. "Then you're dead!" He whispered and finally got away from me my getting back to his seat.

"Let me get this non-sense done. I still have a lot of things to do today," I looked at my unpolished nails. Started to act like his girlfriend, Olivia who always does annoying things in public that no one would do. But I guess he didn't notice it. There are only two options. It's possible that he just ignored it or that I'm not a good actress.

"The easiest thing, well, maybe you can stack the new books on the shelves at the library right now." I held the booklet down and smiled at him. This time, it's not a fake smile. I am wishing him the best. But I also wish that someone could see him there. Karma has its way of making things right so why should I be bothered anyway?

"Fine," he rolled his eyes and left.

Success!

Author's Note:

Great job for this, Britney I am so proud of you! You did so well in terms of annoying and embarrassing Nate! That's good.

So Jyerries, how is your day going?

Love you all so much!!!

>333333 chain!

See you next time! Mwuah!