Chapter 42

My eyes were locked on Nate as he leaned on the back of the chair. I faked a smile at him. We've been faking our friendship for exactly three minutes and twelve seconds now.

"Here we go," dad stated as he placed the plate of chicken nuggets on the table. "So... let's eat now!" He celebrated as he scattered around his eyes and sat in his usual spot. Seven weekends left until Nate's gone.

Seven weeks left of faking smiles, pretending to be friends, and trying to avoid him. My subconscious whispered silently through my ears. "How was your day, Britney?" Dad asked and smiled at me while using his fork to get the nuggets which seemed to be trying to avoid him.

"Nice..." my mouth was full of food too and so I wasn't able to speak properly. A minute of silence wrapped us. Good. At least I don't have to put much effort just to show them that Nate and I are up to something.

Nate winked at me when everyone was minding their own businesses. I knew what he meant. I shook my head while silently laughing and tried not to make a single noise. It's even more annoying when we're pretending to be okay. I attempted to grab the bowl of vegetable salad but Nate leaned forward and grabbed it first as he stood up and gave it to me like he was a waiter.

Wow, I can see how good he is when it comes to acting. Or he's really just that desperate to get the money where the forty percent is mine. "Thanks," I smiled and he smiled back. Fake.

Without even looking at everyone around us, I sensed that their jaws dropped. I smirked then placed some of the vegetable salads on my plate. When they held down their heads to the food, Nate winked again. Doesn't he think that they've already seen enough? That is what desperateness does to people.

"Oh, no more nuggets?" I pretended to scatter my eyes. Now I'm loving the pretending game with him. Being nice suits him. I wish we can play this game forever. When he'll always pretend to be nice to me. Even if it's just for an act. "Here, take mine..." he offered the three nuggets from his plate and placed them on mine. Everyone's eyes grew bigger.

"Thank you so much, and for that, I'll let you switch beds with me," I said with a little laugh.

He laughed too but everyone else was too stunned to speak.

Gues we nailed it.

"No need, I'm okay with the other bed," we both laughed as if we were the only people in the house.

"You said so..." I continued eating.

"Do you got some notes from the discussion earlier?" He asked, I don't know if he's still acting but his tone says yes. "Of course! Always. Why do you ask?" I took a sip from my orange juice and he cleared his throat and the others watched us chat like anyone else doesn't exist.

"I need to study for tomorrow," confirmed. It's just an act. He never studies.

"Sure, I'll give them to you later," I smiled and he did the same thing. Auntie Edna looked like a statue with her frozen pose. "You... you... umm, you guys... okay... like... okay now?" Even uncle Jesse is speechless.

"Umm, yeah?" I commented.

Nate slightly laughed. "It's nice to be friends with people," Nate interrupted and uncle Jesse couldn't help but laugh about the thought which wasn't even funny. "I'll see you guys tomorrow, I still need to study," Nate stood and wiped his face with the napkins beside his plate.

He gave both uncle and auntie a kiss, making the two of them frozen. "I also need to do some homework. I'll see you all tomorrow," I stood up and made my way through the stairs.

I found him browsing through the bookshelf of mine beside my desk. "Best Actor of the year! Nice acting, Nate!" I smiled and clapped my hands playfully. He looked at me with a smile. Woah, we are not at the dinner table anymore. "You too," he kept on browsing through the books.

"What are you looking for?" I asked.

"Nothing, just found the bookshelf interesting," he turned to the other shelf. The one with vinyl and I followed his footsteps then leaned at the bookshelf. "When did you become interested in books?" I asked again.

"I just found them looking good," he responded and I nodded though I know he didn't see it.

"You still have this?" He asked and let out vinyl from the shelf. I looked at it. It was the ABBA song collection vinyl. I smiled. "Yeah, why?" I inquired. He stood and sat on the bed as he looked at it back and forth. "This one's a classic," he smiled.

No one's here with us, I know that he's not faking it. But the his smile is making me think that he's just being fake again. Though I hope he isn't. "You love them too?" I sat next to him. "A little," he answered.

I heard someone clearing his throat. It made me jump off my feet. It wasn't Nate so I tried to look at the door.

Darn.

Crap.

Oh, God!

The show is over.

I annoyingly smiled. "Umm, hi?" I expressed when I saw Eros leaning on the wall beside the door.

"How long have you been there?" I felt the nervousness in Nate's voice.

"Long enough to hear that you guys are faking your friendship," my eyes widened even though I already expected he was going to say that. "Oh," was the only thing I can say

"Please just keep this a secret," I heard Nate's voice behind me. It was friendly and a little nervous at the same time. "Sure," he nodded his head and left the room.

I laughed and he did the same thing. When he doesn't fake or force his laughter, he looks like Niall Horan for his overload in looking like a nice guy. This proves to me that every bad person has a good and soft side. Even Nate, and I just figured out his. "That was close," I shrugged.

"Yeah, but at least it wasn't mom or dad," he joked as we giggled.

Author's Note:

I know nothing about ABBA but they are the only classical group I know. I really wanted to show in this chapter that both Britney and Nate love classical music so I used ABBA though I'm not that familiar with them.  My mom and dad are both big fans of them so at least, I have a little knowledge.

Yiieee.

He's not faking his smiles and laughter anymore and she likes it!!!

That's all for now my Jyerries.

Love you all so much!!!

>33333 chain!

See you next time! Mwuah!