Chapter 40

I couldn't stop myself from smiling after the image of Nate saying sorry over and over keeps playing in my head. "Please let me treat you first, I just really need to, and mom and dad need to know that we're good, please..." when I was walking down the stairs, that's when I felt his chilly hand wrapping my arms. The crying era is no more and now it's time to say hello to the taking advantage girl! I grinned at him. "Okay," I kept walking, and he also kept chasing me.

"I need to tell you something, Brit!" We stopped at the end of the staircase.

"This is just for show, okay? Mom doesn't like me treating you like trash and dad doesn't like it either-" I cut his words. "Who would?" He rolled his eyes.

"Please listen to me first!" He's even cuter when he begs.

"We need to pretend that we're okay. I know you hate me and that's my fault. I hate you too, but that's your fault. And for now, please, let's just pretend that we're not enemies, that we don't hate each other, and that we are fine!" He briefly explained. I was barely listening because I was staring at his lips as they moved. We came from him embarrassing me in public, to arguing, to crying, to him saying sorry, to him begging, and now, to him asking if we can pretend that we're good.

"For what?" I crossed my arms with a smirk.

"Ugh! Fine!" He expressed. He seems frustrated again.

"Well," he continued. "Mom and dad said that they'll give me five thousand dollars if I can be nice to you, I need that money," as I expected, he will never ever try to fix his relationship with me for our sake but for just his sake. Darn him! He is very selfish. So he wants us to be friends so he can get his money? Perhaps he's going to use me for five thousand dollars?

I rolled my eyes. He always turns on my devil side. "Okay, fine. But in one condition," I began grinning harder. Welcome to my dark side, Nate! You just turned the light switch off.

"What? I'll do everything!" He smiled at me like a dog but I ignored it. "one; four," I smiled and flipped my hair. He frowned at me. I'm about to explode into laughter once I see his reaction to this.

"What do you mean?" I gulped before speaking and cleared my throat as well.

"One thousand dollars to you and four thousand dollars for me," he just frowned more and his jaw dropped. "That's not fair, Brit!" It's seen that he's mad but he still looks calm. This is a different Nate. Seems like he's desperate. "It is fair! I'm going to work hard and pretend that I'm fine with you, I will pretend that we're okay. Do you think it's easy?" I complained.

Instead of punching the air as I expected, he remained calm and looked at me with his promising caramel eyes. "Britney, please..." he looks weird right now, he's... well, weak?

"Two thousand," he mentioned.

"Three thousand," I looked around.

"Then I'll get two thousand? That's not enough," his eyes began being glossy. Making me frown, is he crying about it?

"In what will you use it?" I asked.

"You don't understand!" He slightly screamed but still look calm.

I wonder what he does to always be this calm in the middle of different situations.

"Fine, two thousand dollars is mine, but I have another condition," he smiled at me.

"Okay, go ahead," he instructed.

"You should kneel to me," his eyes widened, "what?"

"I said kneel in front of me!" I clenched my jaw.

"No!" He reacted. I'm trying to hide my laughter. He's being soft with me right now. "Then say goodbye to three thousand dollars," I smirked. He immediately kneeled in front of me and looked down. "Look up, Nate," I smiled and grabbed my phone from my pocket.

I opened the camera and attempted to take pictures of him. "Wait, please don't! Britney! Please!" He beggingly screamed. I couldn't help it anymore. The harder I stopped myself, the more I laughed. "One picture was taken!" I smiled. He rolled his eyes. I just realized that he has his weakness. Money. He can be soft for money. I need to do something about this.

I walked out of the way but before I can reach the kitchen, I heard him walking closer to me. "Where are you going?" I asked as I opened the fridge and grabbed the box of milk. "Going to drink milk," he leaned closer to me and held the box I was holding. Our hands were on top of each other. Guess he's back to his real self. "Get a different one," I grabbed it away from him and grabbed a different cup from the cabinet of plates too.

I sat on my usual seat in the kitchen and he sat next to me, at Eros' seat. "So, why do you need that big money? I mean, three thousand dollars is just really a big money, you know..." I took a sip and he watched me. "None of your business," he took a sip after me.

A moment of silence wrapped us like we are in a funeral course. "What about you? Why do you want to get that two thousand dollars from me?" He asked with his lips surrounded with milk drops and he licked them. Yayks. He looks good while licking his milky lips.

"As much as your reason is none of my business, mine is none of your business either," I faked a smile but he responded with a quick chuckle. He's better when he's being nice. Being with him today makes me realize that Nathan Maddox, son of the devil, can be nice for an hour.

I know this isn't the nicest part of him yet but soon I will get to that. For now, I think that without doing anything, I made him nice and I was able to make him act nice, especially to me. I know he looks at me as his biggest enemy and the one who hates him the most. But deep inside, maybe someday he can be nice to me as much as how he is to his other friends. Perhaps that day would come, perhaps it won't. but at least I hoped.

Author's Note:

OMG!!! Is this the start of a nice Nate era? Is this the beginning of the nice Nate to evil Britney? I'm just as excited as you are friend!

Love you all so much!!!

>33333 chain!

See you next time! Mwuah!