Chapter 43

Miss smith made her way out of the room as everybody stood up. "Party at my place tonight!" Chance screamed as all the other students inside yelled and clapped in celebration. Not again. Another Friday, another party. I hate the fact that my two best friends are a little insulted at me because I don't go to parties with them. I rolled my eyes and just placed my bag on my shoulder.

"Britney!" I heard Charlie's voice behind me. Oh no! I got to think of an alibi.

I looked behind me and awkwardly smile when I saw her. "Hi!" I greeted as if I was about to die. She smiled back. I know she can sense the awkwardness in my smile. "Don't tell me you're not coming tonight!" She crossed her arms as Chance came behind her and wrapped his arms around her.

Their sweetness toward each other makes me feel jealous and wants my own boyfriend. Chance might not be perfect, but he evidently looks like he always makes Charlie so happy. "I was actually just about to say that," I scratched my head and looked down at the ground.

"No, you're not! We don't have any assignment or project," darn it! Now I don't have an alibi left.

"Well, umm... well... I..." I was running out of words.

"See! You're not really busy. You just think that you are when you're really not," I fixed my bag which was about to fall off my shoulder.

"UGH!" I expressed and she laughed at me but Chance just watched us. "See you tonight!" She greeted and smiled as she gently tapped my back. I would never attend one of those parties ever again!

You see...

Well, here's the deal:

The first time I went to a party was when I was 16. I wasn't with anyone from my best friends list. I was just by myself. It was a party hosted by the Science Club Organization of our campus after we won in the said competition. Of course, no one else but the Science Club Members were allowed to that party so even if Shane and Charlie wanted to come with me, they couldn't

Mom and dad immediately allowed me to the party because they thought that it was a party to celebrate our school's win but little did anyone of us know that there was something bad going to happen that night.

Well, the few first minutes and hours and moments of the party went well. Confetti, decorations, cupcakes, loud music, DJs, lots of people, and alcohol. It went well. I actually enjoyed it a little. I was talking to lots of people like my fellow Science Club Members.

But then, the police came knocking from the window and said that our trainer for Science quiz Bees was a drug pusher. Yeah, drugs. So then, they arrested him and he got imprisoned then up until now he's still in prison. All of us at the party went back home because the policemen said so. And I told mom and dad about dad. I was sad because I was close to my professor but then I found out that he was a drug pusher.

And that's why I'll never go to any party ever again. I don't want to get involved in some things where no one would want to get involved. "Hey!" Shane greeted me from behind and I smiled at her. She came closer to me and I walked a few steps toward her.

"Party tonight?" She asked. I hope she won't.

"Do I have a choice? Charlie just told me to. What about you?" We both giggled.

"Same, well, I don't want to offend her so..." I laughed even before she was done with her statement.

"I heard that other students from other schools will be there too," she continued. I nodded.

"Okay, see you..." she turned her back on me and faced the opposite way. She waved her hand and I waved back. "Yeah, see you!"

When I faced the other way, I found Nate staring at me but when I locked my eyes on his caramel ones, he immediately looked away as if he didn't do whatever he just did with that staring thing. I hope he won't go to the party. Obviously, he would. He's a party guy. He attends all the parties that exist here in Paris so...

That's another reason I might not go to the party. I would like to stay away from danger; I've had enough of it. My phone vibrated from my pocket so I immediately grabbed it and then saw Eros' name and picture on the screen. I quickly tapped the answer button and took my time to rush outside the room so no one would hear the conversation.

If one girl from the room hears me talking to him, then, I'm done. They'll steal my phone and talk to him. Eros is one of the biggest crush of the girls on campus. Even Shane has a crush on him but she hides it. Because she's not the type of girl who easily says things about herself to people she's not close with.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked and placed my phone behind my ear.

"Hey, there my beautiful sister!" He greeted. I know what this means.

"What do you need?" I grumpily asked and an awkward laugh came being pressed out of his mouth.

"Well, I got my pants wet, I can't go out like this. People might think I peed in my pants so... can you... umm," before he can finish, I cut his words. "Get your extra pants from the locker?" Another session of awkward fake laughter was pressed from his mouth.

"Yeah, that's right..." I rejected the call and rushed to his locker without even running. I walk fast, no need to run to say that I'm rushing. Like the other boys, he leaves his locker key under the locker. I wonder how he can stay calm in that condition.

Doesn't he think that someone else might open his locker? Maybe he has nothing valuable in it. I grabbed the pants and slammed the door.

The boys' restroom was just a few steps away from his locker so I was able to go there within just a short period of time but as expected, when I entered, all the boys in uniform had their eyes widened when they saw me, some even literally jumped and the others backed away.

Author's Note:

Yeah, Britney's first party was traumatic. And Eros just peed in his pants. No, just kidding y'all! He just accidentally poured some water on himself.

Love you all so much!!!

>33333 chain!

See you next time! Mwuah!