Chapter 25

He quietly opens his password-less laptop and ignores me while I watched him stare at the screen. "Got any ideas?" I finally had the gut to speak again after he tried to mute me. This time, I'm feeling more confident than before. I grabbed a journal and a pen as I looked at him. He looked back at me and rested his arms on the table, carrying his chin.

"For some other things, well yeah I have, but for this, my mind's empty," why does he even want to work with me when he doesn't have an idea for the project? "For some other things?" I asked.

He gently presses his chin using his thumb and looks away. I know what he's about to say. Plans for nonsense things, as always. "Yeah, like exposing your sleeping videos, your dancing videos here in this room, and some sort of crap you do," the Lucifer-like smile appears on his face again.

Of all the people in the world, why does it have to be him? It's Nathan Maddox. A popular bad boy who is also known as a playboy at the same time is a devil.

"I don't talk trash with people I'm not close with." I rolled my eyes and held them to the ceiling above me. He makes me feel like I don't want to study anymore. He carried his chair and walked three small steps closer to me. Then he sat back and looked at me. An inch separated us, it should not but my heart began to race in my chest. This feeling suck. I shouldn't feel this. Not with him.

My eyes were barely opened as he moved another inch closer to me so I did what any other girl would, I took a step backward. He smirked at me, I thought he was going to kiss me. Gosh, was I even thinking of it? "Are we close enough so you can talk trash with me?" I sighed.

I hate it when he makes me think that he's going to kiss me. I've never kissed anyone before, except for my teddy bear when I was twelve. The fact that he's my cousin is the main reason why I don't like thinking of-

Darn, I don't even want to mention it.

"I also don't do one thing," I pause, looking at his red and glossy lips while he stares at mine too.

Come on Britney! He is your cousin and he has a girlfriend! My subconscious reminds me.

I listened to it.

"I don't flirt with strangers," he lets a small laugh.

"One, I'm not flirting with you, two, we're not strangers," he winks and finally backs away. Phew! I thought he wouldn't do that. I fix my chair and sat properly. My heartbeat gets back to normal after trying to get off my chest again. "I didn't say that you were flirting with me," I opened my empty journal.

It's the one Eros bought for me. When he's in the mood for it, he buys me random stuff that he knows I like. Such as this journal, some books, and stationery. I haven't filled this one yet. Not even a single letter nor a dot. Even my name. "But I've seen that you were thinking what I was thinking," I frown.

Holy moly, what was that?

"What were you thinking?" I asked seductively. I should not let my voice sound like this. But it already did. Do I have a choice now? Nah. It's just something I will regret soon. I hope that I won't.

"That you were thinking I am flirting with you," he immediately answered, making me clench my jaw. I am so stupid. The stupidest girl alive. "Really? I don't flirt with anyone unless he's Harry Styles," I had a crush on Harry Styles a few years ago.

Since back when I was 13 I guess, up until now, I still have a crush on him. Maybe I'm not the only one.

"Don't I look like Harry Styles?" He flirtingly asks. Here we go again. That flirty little tone.

"Not even a little bit, but you can dream on," I shook my head and grabbed my phone, planning to search 'how to break bad boys' but I ended up searching 'productivity tips' for the sake of my grades. Before I can even finish typing the word tip, my phone lifted as I noticed that Nate grabbed it from my hands. He raised it up in the air and threw it until it reached my bed. Wow. He throws things so well.

He's lucky because my phone landed on my bed, if it didn't, I think I would slap his face or even throw his phone back for revenge. I don't like taking revenge but for him, I like it. Because he makes me like it.

Just by teasing me and giving me motives to fight back. Though sometimes he's really too strong. "Get my phone," I said. He winks and smirks at the same time. How can he manage to be this toxically good enough in making me mad? Is he chilling right now? Darn this kid.

"No,"

"Why the hell not?" The word hell shouldn't be mentioned, I know but he is worse than that.

"Because I don't do what I'm being told," from the smirking to the serious face.

I think I get him now.

His facial expressions take turns on appearing on his face. I'm not Einstein so I can't explain it but in short, it has a cycle. Smile-devil-Lucifer-smirk-wink-frown-laughter-sour-serious. The schedule of the way they take turns is not organized but those are the only expressions he has. He doesn't show his sadness, he doesn't cry.

"This is the time when you need to do what is being told to you," I crossed my arms and he shakes his head.

"Never," he seats properly, facing the screen of his laptop. I had no choice but to stand up and grab my phone from my bed. It's probably impossible to make him do such things. He's hopeless.

I walked towards back him and sat on my chair before. I re-opened my phone and pressed enter to the search box. 

Author's Note:

Nate is hopeless. That's right, but people can change!!!

Love you all so much!!!

>333333 chain!

See you next time! Mwuah!