Chapter 5

As soon as our classroom got filled with my classmates, professor Smith entered. She's always that late. Sometimes, she arrives when her subject's time period is done with us. In other schools, the students change classrooms for each subject while here in our school; the teachers are the ones changing classrooms for their class. "Good morning everyone! Sorry, I'm a little late, again," so she calls that little? How is that little when she's an hour late already?

No one wanted to be rude. Of course, who would be? So, everyone just kept their mouths shut, including me, and waited for her to speak up after an entire minute of awkward silence. Professor Smith is not as old as the other teachers in this school. In fact, she's the youngest. That's why we are lucky to have her because she's kind. Not like the past few professors I had before.

She gives us thousands of home works, seat works, and grouping or partnering activities, but the difference is that she gives no pressure, so we enjoy studying under her supervision. "Ok, so class, thank you so much for understanding. I overslept, again." She's just like us, young, wild, and free. If I am not wrong, she's at 25 or 26, perhaps.

We all nodded except for Shane who's already facing her notebook now, reviewing already. I bet she's so nervous about the fake test I mentioned to her earlier. But Charlie seems to have no worries about it. I would be a lump of dead meat if she finds out I just made that test announcement by myself.

"So, who could still remember what we discussed last week? Anyone?" And yeah, that's the biggest deal in here. We are in the highest section but no one participates in class except me and Shane. Charlie used to participate before but she became uninterested ever since she started dating Chance. I don't know what he has done to her.

"Wow, okay. Mr. Nate Maddox, I'm surprised that you are participating in class" I am just as surprised as she is. But I know that as usual, his answer would be another disaster.

"You taught us nothing last week ma'am." Everyone kept silent, but he, Olivia, and his bunch of jerky friends laughed as if there was something funny about his statement.

"Sorry for that, but it isn't funny. Is everyone else making fun of that? You can all laugh now," she said grumpily with her arms tied together in front of her chest, facing everyone with that serious look.

Nate was right, she taught us nothing because she's always late but still, he was rude for saying that in front of our classmates. Far from my expectations, everyone started laughing at the stupid thing that Nate mentioned. Even Charlie and Shane laughed, but even if I tried to, I still couldn't find a single thing funny about that. And, here's me trying to act like a hero.

I raised my hands and Ms. Smith finally smiled. "Yes, Ms. Britney Dean," I smiled as well and stood up as I held my eyes on every single student laughing.

"Nothing is funny about what Nate said. He is telling the truth but still, it's rude and inappropriate. This just proves how immature you all are for laughing at something that isn't even sarcastic. It wasn't a joke, but it is still rude and you should put shame on yourselves for laughing," they all stopped laughing.

But Nate acts like he is an indestructible rude student so he smirked at me and calmly said, "calm down, we aren't in a debate," Olivia giggled and kissed him on his cheeks to show how proud she was. Disgusting. I felt like a protagonist in a movie when I said, "well, it seems like you are wanting to start a debate. I'm always in for that." He laughed again.

Oh, now I get it. He's crazy. Who would laugh at everything? No one but crazy people like him who needs treatment.

"Of course you are, you're a nerd, am I right? Miss Science Quiz Bee Queen?" Everyone giggled again except for Shane and Charlie who held their heads down.

"I'm not a nerd. Well, let's say that I am. Will you bully me for that Mister Feeling Popular And Bad? Of course, you will, you're a wanna-be bad boy, aren't you? Can't say no because everyone here knows that. And, even if I am a nerd at least I am not one of you guys who are getting yourselves involved in a judgmental society. Just be careful with who you mess with," I smirked like a devil.

I got that line from an action movie I watched a few weeks ago. But I changed a few parts of it since I needed to put it in our situation. At last, somehow, his rudeness decreased a little because of me. Now I feel shameless for being his cousin. I always did.

Professor Smith's jaw dropped so as the other students. No one has ever been that rude to Nate because he doesn't hesitate to do bad things to him. But he can't do anything bad to m because I can tell his deeds anytime to his parents. I am close to them. To auntie Edna and uncle Jess. So far, their personalities are opposite from their son.

I stood up again, forgetting that the reason I raised my hand before was to answer the question. "To go back to your question ma'am. As far as I can remember, our lesson last week in your subject with us which is Philosophy is about how we can do good things in every way, to everyone,"

I finally sat down after I looked at Nate when I pointed out the words good things. I know that he figured out that I was sort of insulting him in a not-so-obvious way. As I said, I am a low-key devil who can both be good and bad depending on whoever messes with me.

"Wow! Very good Miss. Britney Dean. I'm so glad someone remembers what we studied last week," she smiled and clapped her hands in celebration. She doesn't deserve the way the other students treat her. If I only had the right to send everyone who laughed into detention, I wouldn't hesitate to do that.

Author's Note:

Really sorry for all the typographical errors, grammatical errors, incorrect spellings, and words changing the meaning of some sentences. I use ProWritingAid and Grammarly and sometimes they're just so KJ that they are betraying me!!!

Love you all so much!!!

>333333 chain!

See you next time! Mwuah!