Chapter 24

I reached for the door of my room when I made it to our house. Mom and dad are still both at work. Eros has a practice with his baseball team. I don't know where auntie Edna and uncle Jess are, but I think they're still at their work too. The moment I love the most during weekdays. When I'm left alone at the house. I can do whatever I want. I can dance around the house with loud music with no one telling me to lower the volume, pretend like I'm in a pageant, or even eat everything I could. Well, only when I'm done studying and doing my home works.

I pushed the door slowly and, much to my surprise, my eyes turned bigger when I saw Nate on the other bed. At least he's not on my bed anymore. Why am I even surprised that he's here? I was just too excited that I ended up forgetting that he's like my other brother now that he's in my room. Eros also teases me, but not like how he does. They're so different. Eros makes me mad, but Nate makes me do things I know I should not like taking revenge.

I rolled my eyes at his smirk and made my way to the study table. I should change, but I still feel good with my uniform. "What do you want?" I asked after he walked toward me and rested his arms on the table, blocking all my papers. He smirked again. I love that smirk, no. I mean, I hate that smirk.

"Did you forget?" He asks. I didn't, but as much as possible, I want to forget it because I don't want to work with him on a project. I know he doesn't care about his grades. But now, he's acting as he does. "No, I didn't, but I want to," I shoved his arms away and grabbed the research paper I'm working on.

"So you're saying that you want to forget about your grades?" He slightly laughed.

I looked at him as he raised his eyebrows. "I would never forget about my grades. But I'm trying to forget that you're my partner," I stated and faced the papers filled with random letters and words. I can barely focus when he's around.

"Then pretend that I'm not," he winked at me. I saw it though I didn't look at him. "Just stop talking please, you're annoying me," I finally had the guts to speak up.

"Don't tell me to shut up. You still owe me something, remember?" My eyes widen at the thought.

Oh no, why did he remember it? Can I just turn a light switch off to make him forget about what I did? It felt good for me to make him apologize to a guy he bullied but because of the random rumor that Charlie talked about earlier, I regret doing what I did. "Are you plotting how to kill me?" I don't like playing hard to get so instead, I went straight to the point.

"Don't worry. I'll get my revenge soon, just not right now, you still have days to prepare yourself, I come like an earthquake, unexpected!" He warns. It was supposed to scare me but it didn't. Yes, it gave me goosebumps down to my chest but no, it didn't scare me. It just made me frozen.

Can I tell that I was scared just because of that?

Maybe.

I rolled my eyes, again. Then I cleaned the mess on my table. I gathered all the papers together, placed my pens on the holder, and organized all the stationaries. "Look, I don't want any trouble, okay? Let me do this on my own." I look straight into his eyes. He looked so serious when he stared at me.

"No, I will help you." He states.

"Help? Do you even know what the word help means? As if you know how to help people when you tease and bully them," I know he didn't find that thing funny. He kept watching me clean the table without even helping me. That proves it all. Silence clears all thoughts and shows everything. "I will help, whether you like it or not," he grumpily said and stood from the chair then went to his bed. He opened the bag beside it and grabbed a laptop. It was unfamiliar just because of the looks, I knew that it was expensive. Expensive car, expensive laptop, expensive clothes, but a cheap attitude. How weird.

He placed it on the table. He makes my blood boil all the time. I stood up and faced him but the smirk on his pretty face. Wait did I say pretty face? No, I mean ugly face.

Okay, so the smirk on his face was still there.

I walked toward him and looked at his brown eyes. They're almost better than honey. "I said I don't need your help!" I screamed because I know dad won't be here to tell me not to shout at Nate.

"I just want to help since this is also for my own grades," he winks and stays calm throughout my boiling blood. I don't get him anymore. I never did.

"Make your own if you want your grades but I don't need your help to-" he cut off my words by slowly pressing his index finger to my mouth. It smelled like alcohol. Not a drink but the real alcohol. Minty and classy. I stopped talking when he placed it on my lips. But I shoved it away. "Fine, just make sure that you'll behave," I warn and I know that he knows we're the only ones here right now. He laughed loudly like it was funny. No, it wasn't funny.

"You'll die first," just by hearing the word die, I immediately thought of a lot of things. If he's going to kill me, I hope he'll be careful. I don't want to die with a gun, knife, or ax, I want to die beautifully. So even just once in my life, I've been beautiful.

People tell me I'm not that beautiful except for my three best friends and my parents of course. So if I would die, I want it to be in poison and I want to be wearing thick layers of makeup in my funeral so I could have a record of being pretty.

Author's Note:

Love you all so much!!!

>333333 chain!

See you next time! Mwuah!