Chapter 8

"Come on, girl, where have you been? You're late for lunch!" Shane states as she takes a sip from her orange juice box. I rolled my eyes after seeing Tristan being around the group again. If only Peter is here, he won't let him sit with us. He winked at me. As disgusting as the couple at the other table close to us exchanging tongues.

I rolled my eyes after seeing them as I sat down beside Charlie and in front of us were Tristan and Shane. He winked at me again. Therefore, I hate lunch. We don't have a class together, but during lunch; he acts close to me and my friends just to sit with us in the cafeteria. "Why the heck are you here?" I asked with my eyes barely opened.

He smirked at me. The devilish type of smirk he gives out when he's flirting. "I'm here for you, my girlfriend," he calls everyone exactly like that. Girlfriend. And he doesn't mean it. He flirts with everyone, so technically, he is nothing to me but a trying-to-prove-something guy. "Go away before I throw this milk at your face," I warn and he slowly raises his hands in the air in defense. "Okay, no need to be mad." I wasn't mad. Well, maybe a little upset.

He always makes me upset with his flirty actions. And there he went. Finally, he leaves with his buffet.

"So, what took you so long to catch up?" Charlie asked as she took a piece from the box of French fries she was holding with her hands. I'm surprised she isn't with Chance today. They always get along, especially during lunch.

"Detention," I mentioned as I sighed disappointedly and faced my buffet.

"Wait, what? You were in detention?" Like what I expected, they would misunderstand it.

"Okay, detention, Britney? Detention? What is that about?" Shane panics. As usual.

"No! It's not that!" I defended with my mouth full of ham.

"Then what is it?" They both asked, slightly screaming at the same time.

"Miss. Puff obviously, as always," at last, they get themselves calmed and relaxed after hearing the great news. I wouldn't get myself in trouble because I know just where I would be next.

"Oh, I thought you've been in some sort of trouble," Shane giggles as she continues sipping her milk that seems to be endlessly getting refilled every time she sips.

"Yeah, me too," I almost laugh at the thought of me, being in detention.

"Where's Chance?" I asked and scanned the whole cafeteria.

"He's in a meeting for this month's game,"

I nodded.

I started separating the beans from the hams just because I am bored. I only have three minutes left before the Research class starts. I should have had twenty minutes of an enjoyable lunch only if Miss. Puff didn't ruin it by making me take over her office. But I liked it somehow, I've been like a boss or a teacher. "Their milkshake isn't available today," Charlie informs as if I didn't notice it.

Their strawberry milkshake has always been my favorite. I always order it but today it isn't available. "I know, I noticed it," Shane laughed a little at my joke. Was it a joke? I don't think so. The show is now starting, all the girls and the boys started clapping their hands. This is a ritual here in our school. Olivia Dizon, the so-called queen here just stood up and smiled like a queen.

Ant queen perhaps.

She jerked away from the three girls behind her, they were all the same. They turned their uniforms into crop tops, created a bow out of their neckties, and wore their skirts above their knees. They look like fools with it, not like models. I shook my head in disappointment, when you're beautiful, they treat you like a god. But sometimes, even if you're beautiful, people still attack you because you show them that you're weak. That's why no matter what it takes, I try my best to defend myself when they try to tease me. Just want them to know that they are messing with the wrong person.

"Here we go again," Charlie rolled her eyes while we all watched Olivia and her fools, I mean her girls, walk with their heads held high, and their hair floating through the wind like Sadako. I thought high heels are not allowed here. I rolled my eyes at them, again once they reached us.

If it only won't cause me any trouble, I should have used my feet to make them stumble. But I know that it would have lots of consequences like being suspended. I don't want that to happen so I need to be a good girl. "They smell like rotten cheese," I joked and we all laughed. From my back, I heard a girl's voice saying, "what did you just say?" I recognized it immediately.

Who else? But no other than the foolish queen, cheesy nickname though. Olivia.

Without looking back, I said, "are you deaf? Didn't you hear me? I said you smell good,"

"You said I smell like rotten cheese!" She screamed.

"You heard it, why did you still ask me?"

"Because you said I smell like rotten cheese!"

"I love rotten cheese," I defend, still not looking at her because I can't afford to look at her who seems to look like a fool to me.

"Oh- umm, thanks," she says.

This girl right here is the master of being fake! I have been fake to her ever since the first time I met her in 6th grade. When she complimented my dress during the prom in 9th grade, I knew she was being fake because I knew that the dress was just as ugly as her in my eyes. It was my last choice.

"Girl! That was so fake!" Shane laughed and I did the same thing. No one has ever seen me wear the dresses and wear the uniform like Olivia except for my mirror. Yeah, I wear dresses like her in my room but no one knows that.

Author's Note:

Just watched "Me Before You" an hour ago. Guys, the movie is so good you should watch it!!! I got so inspired to write more because I noticed that the movie came from a book.

I hope that someday my books would be adapted into movies too...

Love you all so much!!!

>333333 chain!

See you next time! Mwuah!