Chapter 44

With my phone in my hand, I glanced at Nate for seconds but still avoided getting caught. I know what he's going to do and where he's going but I don't want him to confirm it. The strong scent of his perfume ran around my room. He smiled at the mirror as if he thinks that he was the most handsome guy in the world. I watched him open the window beside my bed and lay down a set of tied clothes.

"Where are you going?" I immediately asked, making him look at me.

"Be quiet!" He gestured his index finger to his mouth and I frowned.

"I asked, where the heck are you going? It's twelve in the evening!" He slightly laughed at my words.

"Obviously, at the party!" He complained and continued fixing the tied clothes formed into a rope.

"Does your mom and dad know something about this?" He awkwardly stopped and looked at me confidently. "They don't have to know anything!" Oh boy! I guess he's just used to breaking the rules and I'm not.

"But they are your parents," I crossed my arms as he kept smiling but didn't reply.

"You can't go there!" I screamed, but not as loud as to how I usually scream at him. "Why not? It's my life. Not yours neither mom's or dad's," he winked at me.

"But Nate!" He was about to jump through the window when I called him.

"What now? I'll be late," he narrowed at his watch to check the time. What else would he do with it?

"Don't go! What if your mom and dad come here and asks me where you are? What will I tell them?" Overthinking hits me again.

"You know what, you should just come with me!" He is really so crazy to think I'll come with him. I'm invited but I don't want to.

"What? No way! I'm not like you," before I can back away, I heard my phone ring. I don't want to look at it because I know who it is. But before I can stop myself, my hands reached for it already and my eyes stared at the text message sent from Charlie.

Charlie: Hey! Where are you now? Cupcakes are all over the house! You don't want to miss them!

And she knows what my greatest weakness is. Cupcakes. I rolled my eyes and felt Nate's smirks though I didn't look at him. Wait, I can sense what he's doing without even looking at him? Maybe because we've been in the same room for four weeks already.

"Let me guess, Charlie, waiting for you at the party? I told you, you should come!" He instructed.

I don't want to be at the party because I don't want to drink, play stupid games, and meet perverted people or jerks and punks. Thus, I don't want to lie to mom and dad. But, I also don't want to disappoint Charlie and Shane because I told them I would come. Now, I don't know what to do.

"Come on! It would be fun!" I narrowed at Nate who backed away from the window and sat on the other bed. "Whatever," I rolled my eyes. There is only one thing left to do.

I motioned to my closet and grabbed a jean jacket and jean pants with a white shirt. I quickly made my way to the bathroom and changed then once I'm done, I got out, facing him. "You ready?" He asked. I nodded. Isn't it obvious yet?

He first jumped down the window with the tied clothes formed as a rope then I used it too. I thought I would die but luckily, I survived and reached the ground safely. Without even saying a word to me, he walked to the car and opened the door as he entered. What do I expect from him? He made me open the door of my side by myself. He would never change.

I can't believe I'm going to a party without my mom and dad's permission and I am with Nate. "So what convinced you? Did I?" I couldn't help but laugh at his statement. I like it that he's always too confident that it makes him embarrass himself.

"You wish!" I crossed my arms and leaned at the back of my seat. "Then who did?" Curious huh?

"Like your parents, you don't need to know everything about me!" I winked but he kept his eyes on the road. I wonder how he can be a good driver at the age of 19. Nate is one year older than me, making me always think I should respect him but he doesn't deserve it. "I'm just asking," he tapped the steering wheel when the beat dropped and his head dances along with it.

"And I don't want to answer," I replied.

"It's just a small question, you don't want to answer? Okay, then that confirms that I convinced you," the nerve! I wonder where he got that.

"It's Charlie," he finally shut his mouth probably because of the annoyance he felt. He can embarrass me with his strong actions, but I can make him feel annoyed with my strong words. "Here we are," he stated as if it wasn't obvious. He parked the car together with the other cars.

Through the window, I looked at the big mansion-like house with tons of people, bright lights, and loud music that I can hear even from this far. Are their eardrums not yet damaged?

"So, is Chance your friend?" I asked.

"Yeah, but not that close. You know... just pals," I nodded. Our eyes were locked on each other. Neither one of us wants to get out of the car. "What about you?" He asked as I smiled at him. "Well, Chance is my best friend's boyfriend. Charlie," he rose his eyebrows in agreement. Nate agreeing with me isn't a usual thing. But at least it is happening.

Come what may. That's the only phrase I can think of by now. I don't know what will happen this night. Unsure if there will be danger, love, or some sort of crap. But all I know is that I can still be careful no matter what. I just have to stay away from possible danger and embarrassment.

Author's Note:

Yey Jyerries! Britney is now at Chance's party with Nate. And she's just about to meet all the dangers of the night.

*evil laugh*

Love you all so much!!!

>33333 chain!

See you next time! Mwuah!