Chapter 56

A week already had passed. It's been quite easy for me since both Nate and I are trying our bests to be nice to each other. Knowing him proves to me that he's actually not who I expected him to be. Well, I was right that he's a bad boy. But aside from that, he's something else I didn't know he is.

When I medicated his wounds, he said thank you and that proves how grateful he is. And through the days that pass by that we've been together, I can see how he starts to be close to his mom and dad. Which he wasn't when they arrived here. Three weeks are left before he leaves.

Can I just stay here? At this moment where I feel at peace with him. He sat beside me on my bed with a bowl of potato chips. I remember when he said that he doesn't like being told what to do, but I just told him to get some snacks and he got what I wanted. "Here's your request," I looked up at him and then smiled, his bruises are now partially gone. His face gets back to its normal look.

"Wow, thanks..." I grabbed the cup beside him and poured Coca-Cola into it. Each piece of the crunchy chips I take in melts in my mouth and the soft drinks create bubbles. I smiled when I found Nate watching me with a friendly look on his pretty face. "What?" After finding the situation annoying, I asked. He bit his lips and looked away when he found out that I caught him.

"Nothing," he smirks. But unlike his other smirks, this one is like a bothered smirk that I've never seen before. I laughed. If this situation is normal, then my heart would probably be not moving this way. But it's punching my chest like a punching bag and demanding its right to get out of my body. I shouldn't be feeling this way because this is not the first time I'm with him but my nerves are dancing around.

I heard a deep and heavy sigh from him causing me to look. "You okay?" I asked.

His eyes widened when he looked at me. He opened his mouth as if he was going to say something but he shook his head and didn't proceed. Now I'm confused about what he wanted to tell me. He began rubbing his hair gently.

"What? No?" I frowned.

He laughed embarrassedly and looked at me with a face I don't recognize. It's very evident that he's trying his best to be nice to me and he is not failing. "I mean yeah, I'm okay..." I don't know who's the angel that got inside him and possessed him like this. I've never seen him laugh, smile, and be friendly at the same time, especially with me. Who he looks down on as an enemy.

"Tell me, are you hiding something? You look nervous but I can't confirm it because you're acting weird." I asked. He sighed heavily once more.

"I'm nervous, to be honest, and I'm fighting with it." I laughed at the statement and he just went with my vibe. Nate is nervous? This is more suspicious than when he watched me fall asleep one time.

"Nervous about what? Don't be nervous it's just me," we ended up laughing harder and chuckling through the awkwardness going on. I never knew that he has a funny side.

"Because..." we began being serious the moment our eyes met. "Because I was planning to ask you out," he looked away to avoid the embarrassment and I became the one to feel it.

Ask me out?

"Umm, can you say it again? I think I misheard it..." he looks back but this time, my heart is punching my chest three times harder than before. I'm afraid I'm about to punch it back.

"I want to ask you out," he repeated. "Well, umm, you know, like," he was obviously speechless but he still continued. "I just want to ask you out. Maybe we can go somewhere on a friendly date... Friendly."

The laughter got replaced by a serious smile on my face. I understand. A friendly date. But what I can't help to laugh about is seeing Nate struggle and get himself embarrassed just to ask me out. Especially because I'm his cousin. I know that every girl comes behind him and asking me out and being nervous is a different talk. That's weird and new.

"Okay, I think I would love that too. Well, it's Sunday tomorrow and I'm free." I smiled. The sneer on his face grew bigger.

"Umm, tomorrow is actually my last game against Cardox High School." A game against Peter's school? How the heck doesn't I know that? Oh, because I ignore sports announcements on the school's announcement board. But still, Peter didn't inform me about it. He always informs me about his games.

"I just thought maybe you can come and watch me or cheer me up," I frowned at his words.

"Cheer you up? Why do I need to do that when your friends and Olivia are there?" He sighed.

"Please," he begged. I nodded.

I don't want to know the reason because I could already sense it. I shouldn't be wrong about what I'm thinking. Said thank you on the day that I medicated his bruises, did what I told him to, asked me out, and asked me to cheer him on his last game against Cardox High School. I don't need to pretend that I don't know what he feels when I already know it the first time he began being nice to me.

I can see that he just doesn't have the words to tell me what he should not. Because he is my cousin.

And I feel the same way.

I feel stupid. I don't have the words to tell him that I love him and that I have already fallen for him. Probably because I hate it. I hate that I fell in love with my cousin.

And I hate loving him. Why do the forbidden things always have to be the best ones?

Author's Note:

Time to go home people! Britney already has confirmed it. He's in love with Nathan Maddox. Rate on a scale of 1-10 how easy this girl falls for his cousin.

Love you all so much!!!

>33333 chain!

See you next time! Mwuah!