Chapter 12

I glanced at Nate, who was now staring at me. What the heck is up with that teasing look? "You call me an enemy?" He asked as he removed one earpiece of the earphones he was wearing. Of course, I call him an enemy. Is he expecting me to call him a friend? No! Because he is completely a foe.

"Yeah, because you truly are," I answered with a smirk.

He laughed at it, but I knew he was trying not to make a noise. "What's funny?" Again, here he is laughing about something that isn't hilarious. I rolled my eyes. This guy knows how to make me frustrated and mad, and he also makes me feel like I'm not that good enough to beat someone like him.

There he is, looking at me with those brown eyes and grinning like a devil. "Are you trying to prove something to me?" Out of all the seven billion people in the world, why would he be the one that I have something to prove? I might have some things to prove, but not to him. "Are you just really this kind of guy? I mean, are you really sort of a jerk? At the same time, is an attention seeker?" I've had enough of his crap, causing me to slightly scream.

He grabbed the bottle of Coca-Cola beside him, then smirked as I saw how his Adam's apple moved while he drank it down. "Not all the time. I can be both good and bad. Depends on the people I interact with. I can deal with both heaven and hell," he winked again. Now I get it, so he really is an attention seeker. "That's also it. You just made the name fancy. Like a nightmare covered in a daydream."

As I made my way to the study table beside his bed, I looked at his brown eyes and smiled, "no eating at that bed,"

"I'm not eating, I'm drinking," I sighed in frustration. One more word from him, and I would completely destroy this room.

"No drinking either." Despite the lack of patience I was feeling, I still chose to be calm because both mom and dad were at home and auntie Edna and Uncle Jess are here too. So I can't raise my voice even if I want to.

He began smirking again as he slowly reopened the bottle and the black tinted water met the comforter. He poured it on the bed. I've had enough.

I'm so done with this.

I huffed.

"What did you just do?" Calm mode off, panicking slash mad slash frustrated mode is now officially on!

"Are you blind?" That's the rudest phrase I've ever heard. If he's a writer I would read the rudest book ever.

I don't know. Nathan Maddox is a son of a devil. Not saying that Uncle Jesse is also a devil. I'm pretty sure he is just adapted because both his mom and dad are the kindest people I've ever known and he's the opposite of them.

He then stood up and our shoulders bumped each other as he walked past me and opened the door as if he lives there. "Uncle Cole, I accidentally poured the Coca-Cola you gave me on the bed, sorry."

Look how fake this jerk is. Accidentally? So he wants a fight? He would get what he wants.

I heard my dad's footsteps as I felt him walking through our marbled staircase. He entered the room and Nate looked at me with a grin. "Oh, umm, it's okay. Don't worry about it, Nate. Brit has a few more comforters and pillowcases and she'll take care of your bed," dad smiled as he winked at me.

Okay, wait what was that?

So he wants me to take care of something I didn't cause?

That's just not fair.

"Dad!" I called while frowning but he seems to hear nothing from me.

"Dad! He should clean the bed because he's the one who poured the drink on it!" I yelled. Enough for him to hear it clear that I didn't do anything wrong.

"Don't raise your voice at me, young lady!" So now it's my fault? I can sense how much laughter Nate has in his heart and mind by now that I am being lectured by my dad about something that I didn't do. "Sorry, but I really didn't mean it," best actor in a pretending role! Wow, Nate! Didn't know he was even better than Timotheé Chalamet.

"Stop acting innocent, Nate! You intentionally poured the coke on the bed! I won't be cleaning your mess."

"It is an accident, Britney,"

"Accident? As if you saw it, dad! Well, you didn't and I did!" I can't believe my dad is tolerating what Nate did.

"He's a visitor, so just understand it. I got to go now because the pancakes seem to be overburned now," he stated with his voice lower than before so Nate won't hear it but I wish he could.

He made his way out of my room and walked down the stairs while I heard his footsteps. "What was that for?" I yelled at him but he remained calm like he heard nothing from me. He slowly walked towards me and slightly leaned closer to me.

I realized I am a very good overthinker when I thought he would kiss me.

"To tell you not to mess with Nate Maddox," he whispered to my ears. His breath was warm enough to give me goosebumps. Instead of being scared of his threat, it made me mad.

"Why are you still standing there? You were told by your dad to clean this bed, aren't you going to obey him?" He smiled at me and gently rubbed the bed he was referring to. The bad will always win.

"You do it by yourself! You're the one who caused that!" I rolled my eyes and tied my arms together in front of my chest as I looked at the walls. "Uncle Cole!" He called which made me jump off my feet.

I know what would happen next if dad walks back in here so I immediately ran to him to cover his mouth which was planning to call again. "Shut up! I will do it, okay? I will do it! Just stop calling him!" I shouldn't be but I am full of shame right now and I feel like I'm sorry for myself. At the same time, I know that the worst with us in one room is yet to come. This is just the beginning but it is already bad.

Author's Note:

Netflix keeps me distracted in writing. What are you watching on Netflix next? Tell me in the comment section 👇

Love you all so much!!!

>333333 chain!

See you next time! Mwuah!

HIP #1: The Ten WeekendsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara