Chapter 19

Without even saying excuse me, Nate left the table with no words. Didn't even thank me for the pasta nor did dad. Keeping himself quiet, he left his food unfinished. I want to eat the leftover pasta but knowing that it's from him, well, no thanks. I'm all good with these vegetables. Mom and dad both stood up. The whole time that Nate was not with us, all they talked about were business kinds of stuff I wasn't interested in. And I wish I can tell them that, but I can't. All I can do for now is to pretend that I care about what they were talking about, though I can't understand anything.

While staring at my food and slowly putting them in my mouth, I blinked at each second that passed by. This is a thing I do when I'm bored to test how many blinks my eyes can give in an hour. Dad started cleaning all the plates on the table as mom went to the sink and washed her hands. "Can I help?" I asked dad who was placing all the cups and plates on the tray. He shook his head and smiled at me. I enjoy helping them with the chores, not my favorite thing to do, I just like it. "It's okay, Brit, just go to your assignments and projects. I got this," he sweetly said. I knew it was going to be the answer, but I still hoped that it wouldn't be. I nodded and smiled, but was still not in the mood to leave the table.

I just noticed that Uncle Jesse is staring at me, I faked a smile. Thinking that he's awkwardly staring at me makes me cringe. It makes me think of the things I did, wondering if I did something weird, annoying, or embarrassing. "Ummm," I started, not sure what to say next to that. I gulped before closing my mouth. "I wish you can teach Nate how to do the chores," auntie Edna laughs and I went with her vibe. He didn't laugh but watched me drink water. So, Nate doesn't know how to do the chores? Maybe he's a spoiled brat or just really likes doing nothing but be bad. "I'm not sure, but I wish I can," I joked, auntie giggles again. I like the sound of her giggle. It's sweet and nice to hear.

I finally got the mood to stand up, "excuse me please," I said as I made my way out of the table. They both nodded. My palms met the handle of our stairs and I walked through. Seriously? My door's locked? Oh, it isn't. it's just closed. But why does he have to close it? I opened the door and found Nate lying on my bed, facing his phone and giggling at something I can't figure out. What the heck is he doing there? I frowned but he doesn't seem to notice me standing at the door. He kept on giggling until I screamed, "what are you doing on my bed?"

It wasn't a very loud scream but it was already enough for him to know that I am mad. "I think you need to see an optician, your sight needs treatment," and he can afford to joke? The smirk on his face doesn't make me calm, it makes my temper go higher each second. The joke was rude itself, and he's on my bed without my permission. "Darn it, Nate! My sight doesn't need treatment and I can see you clear as hell on my bed, but why are you there?" He rolled his eyes but still smirks at me. He's chewing a piece of gum, I hope he won't do what I am thinking that he would, I hate bubble gums on the bed, no. He shouldn't!

"Why am I here? Calm down, Britney. I'm only here to relax and sleep," he winks.

"No! You're not going to sleep or relax on my bed! Get off it before I do something you won't like," I warned.

"What if I don't?" His smirk turns brighter than ever as if he has prepared a knife to kill me behind his back.

"Then you won't like what I do," now I'm trying to be courageous,

"What will you do?" He teases harder, I hate it when he teases me, nobody likes being teased. But the way he makes me feel insulted is on another level. He is a master when it comes to bullying. Thus he has the power to take advantage of his stay here in my room because of my dad.

"It's not important, but it's going to be bad," I crossed my arms though a teardrop almost fell from my eye.

"I like bad things," he runs his fingers through his hair and wipes the sweat on his forehead.

"Leave or I'll carry you out of my bed?" Before he can answer, I already walked a few steps closer and my palm met his arms.

God, he is so heavy!

I tried to lift him up but he's so heavy. I wonder what's in his body to make him this hard to carry. "Uncle Cole..." he teasingly calls which made my eyes widen. I quickly let go of him on my bed and placed my index finger on my lips to tell him to be quiet.

"Uncle Cole," he repeats, making me come closer to him and cover his mouth. I almost closed my eyes, hoping dad didn't hear it. "Fine! You can stay in my bed; just don't do anything I won't like and stop calling dad!" I warned but whispered through my breath because I don't want dad to hear me. When I removed my hand from his warm mouth, he smirks at me. I rolled my eyes and went the other way.

He really is trying to test my patience but I've had enough of his crap. First, the comforter, then the pasta, and now my bed. Peter was the only guy who slept on my bed before, but I trust him. Even for one percent, I don't trust Nate. He doesn't seem trustworthy. Just from the things he did to me, I can say that I can't trust him in any aspect. Not even a little bit.

Author's Note:

Love you all so much!!!

>333333 chain!

See you next time! Mwuah!