The Third Year

Happy May 4th!

May the 4th be with you!

Here's a special chapter to celebrate!

Ahsoka flopped onto her bed and let out a long sigh. Her apartment wasn't nice—it had holes in the decaying floorboards and a mouse infestation, but it was her home. At least for now. She'd make enough credits to get a better house soon enough. Part of her wished she went back to the Jedi Temple to get her stuff and collect her credit stashes, but she couldn't look at those liars again. Not after they betrayed her like that.

Ahsoka lifted her watch on her wrist to look at the time. It was 2400. She groaned. Her shift at the bar lasted far longer than it should have—especially considering she'd only just turned seventeen. She still wasn't a legal adult. Weren't there laws protecting people like her?

Ahsoka's eyes drifted to the words and numbers under the time. She read them and gasped, almost choking on her own spit. She read them a few more times to try to get the writing to sink in. It was the third anniversary of the Clone Wars. The Clone Wars had officially started three years ago today.

She let out a cold laugh. People would celebrate this. They would party all day and night. They had no idea of the death and pain of war. The lasting effects. The countless bodies. Sometimes, battles didn't even have body counts because they were just so violent. And people thought this was good. They gossiped and told jokes about it.

"Those damn people," Ahsoka sneered. "They have no idea what I've been through. What anyone who fought in the war has been through."

She examined the watch again. "Oh, and its a fucking Tuesday. Of course it's a Tuesday. I hate Tuesdays."

She heard some shouts coming from outside. They were probably celebrating the war. What a bunch of uneducated fools.

The blaster fire still rang in Ahsoka's lekku.

The cries of pain still echoed in Ahsoka's dreams.

The endless bodies still haunted Ahsoka's mind.

It was all there.

It would never go away.

•••

Anakin liked celebrating. He liked having parties. He liked ignoring the bad, especially during wartime. Growing up a slave taught him to enjoy all the good in life, for it might be taken away a second later.

"Sir, it seems to be the third anniversary of the Clone Wars," Rex said from beside him. "Some members of the 501st would like a break from work today."

Anakin nodded along. "Sure, they can have a break. They deserve it. They can go wherever they want until...how about 2000?"

Rex grinned. "Thank you, sir. I'm sure the boys would appreciate it." He swiftly left the room, already telling some of the clones outside the good news.

Anakin sighed and sat down in the closest command chair in the Resolute. He'd basically started the Clone Wars with Obi-Wan and Padme three years ago. Sometimes he regretted his decision to go rescue Obi-Wan—a lot of people lost someone in the Clone Wars. Maybe if he left Obi-Wan with the Geonosians they'd all be okay.

If there was something to be happy about, it would be that he got to meet the 501st. Well, not just them. All the clones he'd met so far. They were all so positive and loyal, regardless of everything they went through. There were some tough times, but they all powered through so well. He couldn't be more proud.

•••

Obi-Wan didn't particularly care about this day. He knew what day it was. He'd counted down the days in worry. The Clone Wars were certainly something. And they'd lost a lot of people along the way to the Clone Wars' third year.

Obi-Wan picked up an old photograph. It had a picture of him in the middle, with Cody on his right grinning. Rex was next to Cody. They had their arms around their shoulders. They looked like true brothers.

On Obi-Wan's left was Ahsoka, who had recently become a Padawan at the time. She had her arms crossed and an angry expression on her face. She'd still been trying to impress everyone. He was so thankful when she stopped and realized she was fine how she was. Anakin was also on Obi-Wan's left, but he was the one taking the picture. He'd accidentally cropped out the entire bottom half of his face trying to take it then kept insisting on taking another picture. It was one of his favorite memories.

Obi-Wan sighed. "What has happened to us?"

He had no idea who he was asking the question to. Maybe himself. Maybe the dead. Maybe just anyone in the area. What he did know was that Cody no longer slept full nights. He always woke up screaming. Rex no longer had that gleam of happiness in his eyes. He only had hidden pain there that just seemed to become more and more clear after every battle. Ahsoka quite literally abandoned them just three months ago. He could see the pain in her eyes as she left. Anakin's eyes always had a yellow tint to them. They were no longer the shining deep blue they used to be.

The war had done terrible things to them all.

It was time for it to be over.

•••

One month later, Order 66 occurred and the Empire was formed.

The galaxy had decided it was all over. 

I found it funny how Anakin, the one who literally turns to the dark side had the most positive part. 

Anygays, 

I hope you enjoyed this!

I'm gonna post this on ao3 and might write a few one-shots to go along with this there. My ao3 account is Ahsoka_Fan12 for those of you who don't know 

This is my own work. I do not own the characters or setting or world pretty much, but the plot was my idea and I did write this whole thing. No stealing/editing this

Have a good day/night or time on an alien planet, and may the 4th be with you! :D