Promises and Guilt

Yay! We made it to part 25. I never thought I'd make it this far

I kind rushed this one-shot, sorry. I wanted to try a new writing style, but I didn't like it but still thought it was important for me to experiment a bit more

The writing style is mostly dialogue (which I don't like to do much of in the first place) and it really only says things, so this definitely isn't one of my favorite chapters. Also the writing is kinda sloppy, so I genuinely wouldn't judge you if you can't finish it or something. Next one-shot I'm definitely gonna go back to my old writing style 

Oh also there's a bit of swearing at the beginning, just thought you should know 

Anygays, I hope you enjoy it :D

As soon as Anakin flopped down on his couch in his quarters he shared with Ahsoka, he let out a long sigh. "I'm never going back to Mortis."

"You seem to be enjoying yourself." Obi-Wan said as he walked in. "Where's Ahsoka?"

"I made her go get a brain scan and all that stuff." Anakin replied. "Whatever the Son did to her, I need to make sure it's gone. Forever."

Obi-Wan nodded in agreement. "About that. We both saw how powerful Ahsoka was when using the Dark Side of the Force."

"Yeah. It was awful." Anakin agreed. "I can't imagine what she'd do if she Fell for real.

"I believe we shouldn't tell her about Mortis." Obi-Wan suggested. "And also go to great lengths to make sure she doesn't fall. I believe I can speak for both of us when I say Dark Side Ahsoka is terrifying, and what's scarier is thinking if she wasn't contained like she was on Mortis."

"I agree." Anakin agreed. "I'd rather not fight her again, and I can't imagine what would happen if she actually Fell."

"So we agree on this?" Obi-Wan confirmed.

"Absolutely." Anakin said, determined. There was no way he'd let anyone he cared about Fall, especially if he knew what would happen if they did. Or in this case, didn't.

...

Obi-Wan gently knocked on Anakin's door.

"Come in!" Anakin's muffled voice said.

He hesitantly opened the door and walked inside.

"Holy shit Obi-Wan you look like crap." Anakin stated rather obviously.

Obi-Wan faked a smile. "Yes, I know. Maul returned. He's seeking revenge."

Anakin stood up. "Against you?"

"Yes. I need you and Ahsoka to stay very careful." Obi-Wan ordered. "He's likely going to go after people I care about."

"But he doesn't know Ahsoka exists." Anakin argued. "Haven't we already protected her from things enough? We can't do this forever."

"He could easily find out though." Obi-Wan sighed. "Just promise me you two will stay safe, please."

Anakin reluctantly nodded. "Come on, let's talk more about this over some tea."

Obi-Wan smiled for real and sat down, not planning to drink Anakin's tea.

...

Ahsoka ran into her bedroom and jumped onto her bed. She curled up under her ten blankets and sobbed.

Obi-Wan's dead...kriff. Was all she could think. Her father figure was—maybe she shouldn't think about it.

"Stop crying!" Ahsoka chastised herself. "Jedi aren't supposed to form attachments!"