Thunderstorms

Yeah so I updated. This one is a little depressing. 

BOOM!

Ahsoka shot up out of her restless sleep rather abruptly. She yelped when she heard the defining boom of thunder. Her mind unwillingly drifted off into her many battles with the 501st. The countless explosions. The countless deaths. The countless massacres. The bodies littered across the desolate battlefield.

She looked out the small window in fear to see a fiery flash of lightning followed quickly by a loud clap of thunder. This time, she couldn't hold back her scream. She fled back to the corner of her bed. Tears came right afterward. She wasn't in her bedroom, she was in a harsh battle. Explosions all around her. Screams filling the frozen air.

Ahsoka wrapped her arms around her legs quickly and rocked herself back and forth. She was so focused on trying to erase the pain. She didn't notice how Anakin burst into her room, quickly realizing what was happening, and decided to sit down on her bed. He wrapped his arms around Ahsoka, giving her a hug, whispering comforting words.

"Shhhh, it'll be okay." Anakin murmured into her lekku. "It's okay, Snips."

CRACK!

Ahsoka let out a loud whimper. "N-no, pl-please no." Images of her failures flashed through her mind.

She was back at Ryloth. The clones' screams echoing in her comlink, their last cries ringing in her head before they were consumed by fire and smoke. It was like they were taunting her. Like they wanted her to feel the pain that they felt, when she betrayed them and let them die. And Ahsoka did, of course. She had nightmares about Ryloth occasionally, but none of them were like this. None of them were so horrible that she was there, experiencing everything, knowing what would happen next, but not being able to stop it.

When she saw more lightning cut the sky in half, she flinched in Anakin's arms. She couldn't stop seeing the horrors of war. It was like she was drowning in her pain, but she couldn't swim back up.

Thunder came after the lightning, like always, and Ahsoka screamed again, her eyes filled with fear and regret. Anakin tried to hug and comfort her harder. It wasn't enough, though. She was still shaking.

Whenever Ahsoka saw lightning fall from the sky, she always felt like she saw one of her brother's face in the light it showed. Each one was a different clone that she let die. Echo was among them.

"It's okay, Ahsoka." Anakin said, gently stroking her lekku. Unfortunately, this had happened before. Every single time that was a thunderstorm, this would happen. They didn't start immediately, but about three months into Ahsoka's apprenticeship, that's when they all started happening.

Thankfully, Ahsoka's endless cries began to quiet down once the storm started to stop. By the time it was over, she was sleeping, with her head in Anakin's lap. He was still stroking her lekku.

...

Ahsoka was restless. There was a thunderstorm. She hated thunderstorms more, now that she was older, and now that the Jedi Order was gone. Whenever she woke up because of them, she always expected Anakin to be at her side, comforting her, but he was never there. Every single time she had to deal with the disappointment that her brother wasn't next to her, helping her through the storm.

No one would be there to stroke her lekku if she screamed when the sound of thunder pulled her out of her sleep. No one would be there to hug her whenever she cried. No one would be there to whisper comforting words to her for every cry and whimper she let out. She only had herself.

Now, the thunder and lightning didn't bother Ahsoka as much on the outside, but on the inside, things were so much worse. Storm after storm gave her horrible flashbacks and nightmares to her time in the Clone Wars.

Once Rex was there to comfort her, right after Order 66, but it wasn't the same. He didn't know how to comfort her like Anakin did. Sometimes when she had a nightmare when Obi-Wan was around, he'd make her tea using his famous recipe that he never taught anyone else. That probably burned along with the Jedi temple. Padme always gave Ahsoka the best hugs after a nightmare or panic attack, even better than Anakin's, but everyone knew Padme was dead, like everyone else.

Ahsoka let soft streams of water make their way down her face, before shoving her head into her pillow and she began to start sobbing. None of the terrifying images from war would go away, and her family was gone, and they weren't coming back. It was her fault that they were dead.

All Ahsoka wanted to do was get her family back. Too bad that would never happen. They were all dead.

Yeah, like I said. Depressing. I was in the mood for some hurt/comfort, but this feels like a little more hurt than comfort.

This is shorter than I wanted it to be, but whatever.

I'm not happy with the cover, so I'm changing it. I don't know what to draw, so can someone give me ideas? Thanks.

Also, I am working on the celebration stuff, don't worry, I've just been focused on other stuff. The same goes for my request and my not-exactly-request.

Have a good day/night or time on an alien planet.