Concert Band AU

Okay so I'm finally updating. Sorry for the break. I had lots of writers block. I found it best to write more about my current experiences, which happens to be band. I'm basically projecting in this

Anyways, this is a concert band AU, so it's also a modern AU but I decided to put everyone in band too

Enjoy!

Ahsoka groaned as she opened her instrument case. Her finger ran along the large bell as her eyes moved over all the valves. It was so squiggly. While she loved her instrument, it had a really small mouthpiece and was tiring to play.

"What, thinking of quitting after seven years?" Anakin joked. He played the trumpet. While he did have a big ego, he was also Ahsoka's friend. They'd been friends since they both moved to Coruscant Elementary School in third grade. Now of course, they were in tenth grade. 

"You wish." Ahsoka snorted. "You'd love to have someone who can actually play their instrument play the trumpet."

"At least we have more than two members in our section." Anakin smirked.

"And yet Rex and I hold up the whole band." Ahsoka said half jokingly.

Anakin mumbled something under his breath and left.

Ahsoka smiled as she took the french horn out of its case. She was ignoring her intense feelings of hatred towards it.

She grabbed her rather small mouthpiece and placed it inside her instrument. She grabbed her music folder and walked over to her seat. She was first chair.

"Hey, Rex." She said as she sat down and placed her music on the stand. "Mind moving your instrument to the seat next to yours and standing up? I have to adjust my stand."

Rex nodded. "Yeah. Barriss hasn't gotten her anyway. We can use her seat until then."

Barriss played the bass clarinet. She was the only one, but she was amazing at it. Honestly, Ahsoka wouldn't be surprised if she practiced for five hours every day. The two of them often bonded over band a lot. Specifically because they both had small sections, and they both practiced a lot.

Ahsoka smiled. "Thanks."

Rex stood up and placed his french horn on Barriss' seat. He walked over to outside the rows of seats.

Ahsoka placed her french horn on Rex's seat. She grabbed the top of her stand and placed her foot on top of the bottom of the whole stand. She began to push down. It didn't budge. She tried again, only receiving the same results.

"Stupid music stands." Ahsoka complained. "Rex, can you help me?"

Rex walked up to the stand and began to help push it down. The stand fell as low as it could be.

Ahsoka rolled her eyes. She stood up and took her music with her. She dropped her music onto her chair. She picked up the music stand and took it over to the corner. She grabbed a music stand that looked sturdy enough and took it over to her seat. She didn't even have to adjust it.

"Finally." Ahsoka sighed in relief. She put her music back on her stand and grabbed her french horn. She placed it in her lap and moved her legs to let Rex get by.

"I hate music stands." Ahsoka commented.

"I agree." Rex agreed.

"Excuse me." Someone said from the corner of Ahsoka's eye.

Ahsoka looked over to see Barriss. She immediately got out of her seat and let Rex follow. Barriss smiled in gratitude and went to her seat. Unlike Ahsoka, she easily fixed her stand.