Together

Okay so it's been a while since I updated, and this is not a story about Plo Koon being a dad. It's Hunter being a dad because yes. I might do more with Hunter and the rest of the Bad Batch being a dad to Omega because I love it so you have been warned.

I have not seen the newest Bad Batch episode because where I am currently has bad internet connection and watching the Bad Batch would not work, so no spoilers (or spoil things I'm gonna end up looking up spoilers anyway cuz I won't be able to watch it until Wednesday or Thursday and I already looked up a bit of spoilers)

Oh by the way this takes place slightly over one year into the reign of the Empire and so we're gonna AU a bit. The Bad Batch is currently on Raada. If you read the Ahsoka novel you should know what I'm hinting at.

Hunter wasn't surprised when Omega went to his bunk her first night off Kamino saying that she couldn't sleep. Or the second. Or the third. She did this every night for a week. She would go to his room and say that she couldn't sleep, and she'd sleep in his bed while he helped her go to sleep peacefully with no nightmares, which had only come once.

Pretty soon Omega would wake up in the middle of the night because it was a habit. Hunter didn't mind. Over time he began to think of Omega as a daughter, and everyone else picked up on it.

Echo didn't mind, he seemed to actually think of it as cute, Wrecker made fun of him left and right when Omega wasn't around, and Tech's reaction was similar to Echo's, but more in an I-told-you-so way. He probably saw what would happen coming.

One night, Hunter was not woken up by Omega. Instead, Hunter woke up from being used to getting up in the middle of the night, so when he woke up and Omega wasn't standing by his bunk, he immediately got worried.

Hunter walked around the entire ship looking for Omega, almost waking up Wrecker in the process, and still found nothing. That's when he saw the sky in the cockpit. The stars were unlike anything he'd ever seen before. They were way brighter than he'd ever seen on Kamino. You could easily identify every single constellation without hesitation and it was as if every star had a clear outline. They all stayed in their own space.

That's when it hit him. He knew where to find Omega. He calmly walked out of the ship, and smiled. Like expected, Omega was laying down outside on the dry grass looking up into the sky as if it was the coolest and most interesting thing in the world.

Hunter sat down next to her.

"Sorry for not waking you up and worrying you, on the way to your bunk I saw the stars out here and I've never seen stars like them. Or at all, really." Omega said, still admiring the sky.

Hunter shrugged. "It's fine, I don't mind. I've never seen stars like this before either."

Omega let out a sigh of relief. "Good. You know, on Kamino I read all about stars and constellations in my free time but never got to see them clearly. I spent most of my time indoors."

Hunter put his hand on Omega's head and messed her hair up. "Well that's certainly changed in the past year, hasn't it?"

"It sure has." Omega grinned, but there was something else behind it. Something sad.

"What is it?" Hunter asked.

Omega hesitated. "Well, sometimes I miss Kamino, most of my time there was fun. Pranking the other clones and the Kaminoans was a lot of fun."

"Then let's prank the rest of the Bad Batch." Hunter suggested and Omega's face immediately got excited and she shot up.

"Yes yes yes please please please can we do that?" Omega begged.

Hunter nodded. "I know just what to do."

As they walked to the ship, a Togruta smiled at them in the darkness, knowing who they were, aware that they were like herself and her master, and she was happy that her friend had found a new family and was alive. That would fuel her for many years to come and she would cling to the hope that one day all families could be like that with each other without fear of someone hurting them for their beliefs or who they were.

...

Watching Tech, Wrecker, and Echo wake up in the morning was one of the best—no, the best thing Omega had seen in her entire life. She and Hunter had covered everyone else's entire armor in silly string and confetti.

Giant ribbons of confetti were spread out in giant bows covering almost all of the space on Wrecker's armor while the silly string lay on top of all that. For Echo, it was the total opposite and Tech's armor was half ribbons and confetti and the other half was covered head to foot in silly string like it was a mummy wrapped with two different materials, which it was.

"Hunter," Wrecker stared his brother dead in the eye. "What did you do to my precious armor?"

"That wasn't my job, it was Omega's." Hunter shrugged.

Omega felt her whole face turn red as everyone looked at her. "It was Hunter's idea." She said quickly.

Hunter looked at her and grinned. "You know what this means!"

The female clone's eyes widened, and she ran while Hunter sped after her, everyone's laughs echoing in the ship.

It didn't take long for Hunter to catch up to her, but Omega would never forget this moment, where it was just her and her family having a good time together.

Yay happiness bonding time wahoo. For the thing with the Togruta (you can probably guess who she was), was I the only one thinking gay rights on the last sentence (sorry while writing that I kept on thinking gay rights and so yeah)

I might do more with the Bad Batch and Omega, and I've been thinking about renaming this Clone Wars and Bad Batch Family One-Shots, which is what I might do. I've been having writer's block and maybe expanding what I write a bit will help. My one-shot book will still be updated, but things that focus on family and that kind of thing will be here if I did that.

Please comment your opinion if I should do that or not and just a heads up, I won't have my drawing app during the summer so I won't be able to draw any covers so I'll have a boring cover for a while if I don't make a cover in time and decide to open the selection of what I write about in this. If you have a drawing website for me to use for free and I don't want to make an account for it please tell me so I can use that. Thanks.

If you have any requests for me please PM them to me and I'll try to do them as soon as I can. MasterValerie has already given me a request and I will do it soon, so don't worry.

Also we got 1k views on fanfiction.net so thank you so much it means a lot to me. If you have any suggestions of what I could do to celebrate PM me them. I'll probably end up doing a really long chapter or maybe the bonus with the 501st will be how I celebrate.

Sorry for all the author's notes and have a good day/night or time on an alien planet.