Chapter 11

ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ¹¹⁻ "ᵀʰᵉ ˢᵃᵐᵉ ᵇˡᵒᵒᵈ ʳᵘⁿˢ ⁱⁿ ᵗʰᵉⁱʳ ᶠʳᵃᵍⁱˡᵉ, ᵈⁱˢᵍᵘˢᵗⁱⁿᵍ ᵇᵒᵈⁱᵉˢ"

It was a comfortable afternoon. My friends and I were in the Slytherin common room, studying and preparing for the incoming exams. Well, most of us anyway.

"...we should do that tonight," Blaise laughed and all the boys hummed in agreement to the stupidest plan I had ever heard. I exchanged glances with Daphne making her snicker.

"I can't tonight," Malfoy answered. "I've got detention with Potter," he scoffed in a disgusted tone.

All of us started laughing on hearing this.

"What'd you do this time?" Pansy asked the question all of us were thinking.

Malfoy rolled his eyes and told us about how McGonagall had given him detention for getting out of bed after hours. All of us resumed laughing hysterically at his explanation.

How could this boy be so numb?

"I mean, why did you tattle on them?" Blaise asked still chuckling. "How did you not think this through?"

Theo laughed. "It's the blond in him"

Daphne let out a sound of objection but could not stop laughing.

For some reason, Malfoy thought getting up and storming out would help his case, but like any normal group of people, we thought his childish tantrum was unnecessary and made us laugh even more.

--

The days were passing by in a blur. As soon as we came back from Yule, the year had come to an end in a blink.

We had finished writing our end of year exams and were sitting in the schoolyard.

I couldn't say I found the examinations hard. The questions were fairly simple and were all very easy if one read. However, considering not everyone read, people tended to find the exams very difficult.

I did not enjoy the end of the exams because it meant we would be leaving for summer soon. I was supposed to spend the summer with Blaise, Nora and her new husband in Italy, but my father cancelled those plans and decided to take me to Paris with the Malfoys instead.

As we were chatting, Oliver Wood happened to be walking by us.

That quidditch season had not been the best for Slytherin against Gryffindor. Although we had won all the other games that year, the first game in which Potter had swallowed the golden snitch had haunted all of us.

As Wood walked by, the boys made faces and started saying nasty things about the harmless Gryffindor captain.

"I always found him charming," Daphne said grabbing everyone's attention. When all of the boys snapped their heads towards her, she realised she had said that out loud.

I hummed in agreement. "I did too. I still do"

Now all of the boys gave me an offended and disgusted look. And right on cue, all of them began stating their protests against what we had said.

"Excuse me, but he is very smart. Any girl would like him. Ask Pansy," Daphne defended.

Pansy, who was looking at her nails, did not even bother to look up and answered. "I like Angelina Johnson better. Or Percy Weasley"

I hummed in agreement with her reply.

Hearing the name Weasley, louder protests were heard from the boys. "How could you even say that? How could you agree with that? Did you not hear that she said Weasley? The brother of that Weasel"

"Exactly. Weasel's brother. Siblings aren't the same person," I emphasized.

Yet again, groans of objection were heard.

Daphne was quick to come to my rescue. "I agree. I mean I am not similar to my sister"

"Well, that doesn't mean we can just eliminate the sibling!" Blaise groaned. "They are still related"

Theo hummed in agreement. "Exactly," he nodded. "The same blood runs in their fragile, disgusting bodies"

This comment made Daphne tilt her head towards Theo. "Oh really?" she quirked an eyebrow. "So, would you rather be engaged to my sister instead of me? The same blood runs in our bodies as well"

Everyone was silent for a few moments as Theo and Daphne exchanged looks.

"Siblings aren't the same person," Theo sighed.

A/N

Just a cute little filler chapter today. But since I love you all, I will be doing a triple update today so stay tuned!!